1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Web Design Edit the "sorce" file or the "index" file?

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by ummmary, Feb 10, 2007.

1. ummmary

ummmary New Member

Hello i downloaded the E-Book template off this site and im editing it in photoshop. But im editing the file names "sorce" is that what im supposed to be doing? I opened the "index" file in dreamweaver and the template is all jumbled everything is out of place. I need help thanks.

yeh i just checked and when i open the temp in photoshop a file names "sorce" is there but when i open it in dreameaver a file name "index" is there am i doing something wrong?

2. lmfrench

lmfrench New Member

The 'source' is the image file that you can edit in Photoshop, if you know how to do it. The 'index' file is the HTML. You have to edit the images only if you want to chenge them completely.

3. ummmary

ummmary New Member

Ok so i opened the sorce in photoshop and saved it for web. The index file is for my images? But when i open the index file in dremweaver (i cant open it in photoshop) the whole templete opens not just the images.