1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Websites dance site

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by djwilson, Feb 23, 2010.

1. djwilson

djwilson New Member

Thank's for your input! :)

I tend to find auto music puts people off, for example if their at work and music suddendly blasts out, bad times.

I'm also currently looking at ways to improve the layout/content.

I have recently added a feedback button on the homepage and working on the strenghs and weaknesses of this feedback from our visitors.

2. kahnboy

kahnboy New Member

Hi

i'd like to add that the site is too plain for a dance site. You need to jazz it up a bit, put a bit of flashing lights etc. Hope this helps

3. golden1949

golden1949 Banned

For my taste, background heading to the right is too dark. Online shop is well designed!

4. djwilson

djwilson New Member

Hi, thanks, the top right is an advert, we are currenlty in the middle of an advert deal, hence the same ad on each page load.

5. razgriz537

razgriz537 Member

Took a quick look for a general opinion. It looks busy and energetic. As soon as the site pulled up, I got the basic idea of what you are going for. It looks fresh, exciting, and energetic. Maybe it's just me, but I like it.

6. lafia

lafia New Member

I would change the all caps title on the top to something that looks more like a graphic design instead of just caps arial font, but overall looks great.

7. djwilson

djwilson New Member

Hi, thanks for the feedback.

Unfortunatly I'm not very good with graphics :(

8. Shakila_reed

Shakila_reed New Member

Love it!

Sorry I couldn't give a detail review, but I think it's a great site, I could see myself visiting it every once in a while

9. credphoto

credphoto New Member

Little boring on the home page, but I liked listening to the advertisements for the CDs. The CD music advertisement page loaded really fast. I like that. I wanted to dance, but I did not like the voice over girl. I didn't believe she was really excited, she sounded kinda like "I have to be excited to get paid." Cool site.

10. DJSynergy

DJSynergy New Member

Here's the first thing I noticed. The logo, TOTALDANCEMUSIC is a pretty boring font/logo. Maybe you can try to get a logo made here? It's just not memorable or eye-catching at all. I do like your background, though. Navigation on the site is easy and I like the feeds on the right side. Nice ad placements as well

11. washingtonkaos

washingtonkaos New Member

Site review- plain?

I am not an expert, but looking at it it seems a bit plain. Perhaps a secondary color to contract the blue perhap?

12. fwteb

fwteb New Member

Too much white a space and really vanilla font. My eye isn't drawn anywhere. The menu bar up top doesn't stand out at all. I totally missed it at first.

13. hamo

hamo New Member

I liked the best buys bit at the bottom because it brings some sort of interaction into the site, I also like the lastest news section but in my opinion these need to be really up to date to work and keep people coming back.

Ithink the colour scheme could be improved to give the site some definition, at the minute i think it seems a bit plain and not striking enough

14. simonlarkin

simonlarkin New Member

I liked it, as soon as the page opened I knew it was a dance site although a few more visuals wouldn't hurt. My only grumble was the News page, at first I thought it was empty as I missed the 2 small links at the top, maybe some large headlines to grab attention would be cool. A good site though, bookmarked and will be checking back :)

15. djwilson

djwilson New Member

Hi, thanks :)

I'll take on board yourself and have a play with different news outlays.

16. NXG50k

NXG50k New Member

I think the site looks good the news and info is all up to date, everthing is well place and easy to navigate. I like the carousel at the bottom of the page.

17. Donisthorpe FC

Donisthorpe FC New Member

Looks good, very professional :)

18. djwilson

djwilson New Member

Thank you :)

19. adams33

adams33 Banned

First of all, fantastic website. It somehow really fits the theme "Dance". I miss a little bit of colour, but that's also because the "save our club image" shows up first. The other pictures bring more color, allthough I would suggest to put really bright pictures there (large pixel .jpg). Bright pictures really help a lot in visualization

20. LGM

LGM New Member

I like the sites set out, there's good information maybe setting up a forum on your site might be good.