1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphics Customizing menu-buttons

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by BlackCat, Jan 16, 2009.

1. BlackCat

BlackCat New Member

Hey!

I'm in the process of using one of this website's great templates for my own website. It's the Charity Trust template: https://freewebsitetemplates.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2451.

As you can see in the example, the 'home'-button is currently active, but that's the only image that has a 'active button':
    https://freewebsitetemplates.com/preview/charitytrust/images/m1.jpg.

A photoshop-file is added, but is the only way to create a 'active button' for the other options (and also a non-active button for home!) by moving the green background of the button back and forth behind every button and saving each and every one of them? That would take quite some time and I have the feeling there must be an easier way.

Thanks in advance!

2. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

Your right, You can use the chairtytrust.psd file to make the buttons you want, it is layered.
    Easier - Time (ha ha) Everything takes time and not everything is easy. Time is relative, measured by man.
    Layer seven is the green color in the psd file. You can also even change the words for the menu.
    This is how everyone makes graphics for webs or they just use what is there. Maybe you know someone who likes to do graphics.

3. BlackCat

BlackCat New Member

Thanks for your reply!
    I guess there is no other option, then. It's actually no problem, but I didn't want to take the risk of working for an hour and then finding out all I needed to do was add "class="active"" or something.

4. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

No other graphics hiding around and no other special coding tricks.
    Just a basic template.

5. BlackCat

BlackCat New Member

As a last message: it wasn't all too hard. I just saved the slices of the buttons as they were inactive and then I saved them again, separately, with a completely green background.