1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphics button

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by ishkey, Nov 28, 2010.

1. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

A friend of mine needed a button for the middle of his page. One that had a slight 3d effect on both sides as if it was coming off the page and would change to a darker color when clicked. Sorta like a rocker switch. The button has to look like two half's (left/right) when clicked with some text to be added on both sides later. The text is to have a recessed look like the line in the middle. I was able to achieve it with 8 objects, not counting the background. Not too bad if I say so myself. What do think, will it achieve it's intended purpose.

Attached Files:

2. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

Looks good Ishkey. Would like to see the 'clicked on' state too.
    Is it a matter of adjusting the shadow of one side to achieve the rocker switch effect?

3. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

Thanks and You're Right, Copied the main graphic and generated two more. Grouped them together into one css_sprite graphic so the browser only has to load one graphic instead of four. A little coding on the back end and when clicked on the page won't even have to reload, as all the info will be in the browser cache, this way the browser won't have to keep making calls to the server. Not to mention at times it's easier to find the one file then the four if adjustments are needed.
    I try to remember to put a link up to it when my friend finishes the coding so you can see it in action.
    Hope he changes the background from the one above, as those colors don't reach out an do anything for me.

Attached Files: