1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Book author template

Discussion in 'Free Website Templates' started by Mimoun, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Jinqx

Jinqx New Member

web template

why don't you get down off your high horse and be helpful. this IS a Wix Template. I know because I had seen it on their site before and because after downloading it takes me back to WIX.

So, instead of putting a down on a fellow author,why don'tyou tell me why it does this, how I can get it used without using WIX (after constant referral back to their site) AND how I can modify it an post on my host server.

Perhaps I amdoing some thing wrong but havefollowed directions to no avail...

so a little kindliness would be be very much appreciated after a trying time trying to do this.

Many thanks in advance, J

2. Mimoun

Mimoun Administrator Staff Member Director Verified Member

You can download it for free here and it's not even a Wix template. The website template is free, but you have to do the hosting and implementation yourself. Or you can use Wix and they will do the implementation and hosting for free. Wix is just one of our advertisers and it's thanks to them that you can download the templates free of charge and nobody is forcing you to use Wix.

You can use your own server or host your website anywhere you like. You can even host the website template on your own PC if you have the technical know-how for it. Downside is that you have to leave your PC on 24 hours a day and it's not secure to let strangers on your PC. Also you need a fast internet connection with fast upload speed.

3. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

After your first rude post you now expect us to treat you with a little kindness in return?
    What a nasty little snot you are!
    I for one wont be offering to help you out as I'm much too busy sittng right up here on my lofty horse.

4. tomw

tomw Member

I'm sure you did something wrong and probably did not follow the directions as well. If you have used the download link as shown by Mimoun it would not have taken you to WIX site. Can you tell us exactly which template you did click on? This will clear matter up.

5. Mariel Grey

Mariel Grey New Member

Does this template still work? Does anyone know if it can be used in Wordpress.

Sorry if the questions are dumb. I know nothing about website building.