1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Websites bmcoll.com help

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by bmcoll3278, Jul 7, 2009.

1. navyfalcon

navyfalcon Well-Known Member Verified Member

It is good, a lot better than it was:
    <title>Free job search</title>
    You have 15 characters in your title, including spaces.
    Google displays about 64 characters, including spaces.
    The title is the most important meta tag, so put a short description with it using your most important keywords
    Check them in wordtracker for highest numbers (most popular)
    http://freekeywords.wordtracker.com/
    -
    <meta name='description' content='job serch engine find a job anywhere over 1000000 jobs pulled from job sites on line and combined here' />
    May want 'search' and not 'serch'. You were tired.
    May want to put commas in 1000000 (1,000,000 easier to read)
    You have a little over 100 characters including spaces - Google displays about 150 characters, including spaces, under the title. You may want to add a few more words including keywords.
    -
    I know I am being picky but it does make a difference. That is why so many do not make it. I am on Google page 1 position 1, because I keep changing to improve. The speed I can be removed from that position is unbelievable (about the time the light turns green and the person behing you honks his horn in NY - called a NYC minute). Getting there is easier than staying there. But it makes a small difference in traffic (position 1, 2, & 3 are about the same - position 1 is just an accomplishment) I know by experience.
    -
    You are getting better and learning important information on SEO (this can be called your 'online class')
    -
    hope this helps
    falcon

2. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

Went to the site and thought I would take the speed test. Returned my results rather quickly, I was impressed, so I tried the Retest, worked great. Since I was done testing I click on the Close thinking I would check something else out, it return the question box to confirm I wanted to close the tab, yep I was done testing.

"Click" -------- I was REALLY DONE --- Gone ---- Browser Closed ---- Nomore bmcoll . com

WOW bmcoll . com didn't want me to try anything else. I wonder how many other pages do that?

I would think you would rather send them back to your home page!;)
    or have a seperate window open for speed test like
    Code:
    <[COLOR=#800000]a [/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000]href[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff]='http://bmcoll.com/speedtest/meter.html' [COLOR=red]target="_blank"[/COLOR]>Speed Test</a>[/COLOR]

3. navyfalcon

-
    No, just make them serve two purposes by having them clickable and go to that section. Navigation is very important. They should be listed with your keywords also.
    -
    hope this helps
    falcon

4. navyfalcon

<title>Bmcoll free services job search arcade games and more at no cost</title>

<meta name="description" content="ultimate collection of free services from email to ring
    tones to job search to resume help and free games ">

<meta name="keywords" content="arcade games,employment,find jobs,free arcade,games to play,
    healthcare jobs,job,job sites,jobs,jobs it,latest news,speed test,broadband speed test,
    cell phone ringones free,mobile ringtones,hot job searches,teen jobs,michigan jobs,job site,
    construction jobs,classified ads,nursing jobs,hotel jobs,accounting jobs,health care jobs,
    job opening,help wanted,internet jobs,sales jobs,it careers,online job site,
    job listing web site,online job search engine,resume search engine,">

Keyword Check with "Wordtracker" (http://freekeywords.wordtracker.com/)
    - I hope this shows the importance of checking your keywords !!
    - - Look at the difference between "games (31564)" and "game (2827)"

13876 .. jobs - - - - - - - - - - 3465 .. employment
    8331 ... job search - - - - - - - 837 ... employment agencies
    4532 ... job boards - - - - - - - 554 ... employment search
    3337 ... student summer jobs
    3237 ... job listings - - - - - - 1035 .. work
    2863 ... jobs in my area
    2648 ... usa jobs - - - - - - - 31564 .. games
    2076 ... job - - - - - - - - - - 22355 .. game cheats
    2023 ... job finder - - - - - - - 19976 .. free online games
    2021 ... find a job - - - - - - - 13319 .. free games
    1647 ... summer jobs - - - - - - 7871 ... online games
    1546 ... monster jobs - - - - - - 3807 ... free game downloads
    712 .... job openings - - - - - - 3627 ... fun games
    672 .... jobs online - - - - - - 3563 ... video game cheats
    668 .... job bank - - - - - - - - 2969 ... download games
    650 .... free job boards - - - - 2827 ... game
    594 .... usa job boards - - - - - 2411 ... free arcade games online
    485 .... colorado job boards - - 2343 ... free internet games
    474 .... job opportunities - - - 2250 ... video games

Your listing
    NOTE: Google will display about 66 characters in the title
    you have about 43 - might want to add some more

(your title) Bmcoll Ultimate collection of free services
    (Your description) Aug 11, 2009 ... ultimate collection of free services from email to ring tones to job search to resume help and free games.
    (your domain) www.bmcoll.com/ - Cached - Similar
    - - - - -

another websites description:
    <meta name="description" content="Check out these free services which include free Internet
    access - free email - free online calendars - free file storage and much more - Why pay for services that you can get for free on the Net">

another sites meta tags (they don't seem to know about excessive keywords)
    <TITLE>TheFreeSite.com: Anonymous Services, privacy protection freeware, anonymous email, free stuff, PGP, free encryption, email privacy</TITLE>

<META NAME="description" CONTENT="The Free Site offers free anonymous services, freeware privacy protection programs, PGP, free encryption software, free anonymous surfing services, email protection, antivirus programs">

<META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="free anonymous services, freeware antivirus programs, free programs to protect your privacy, online privacy protection, freeware anonymous surfing programs, antivirus software, email encryption, guestbooks, anonymous surfing services, online privacy protection, PGP, antivirus protection, Webmaster freebies, freeware,
    confidential email programs, privacy services, file deletion programs, pretty good privacy, password protection, encrypt programs, triple des and blowfish software, cookie cruncher, anonymous remailers">
    -
    -
    hope this helps
    falcon

5. navyfalcon

The last message about keywords was a general message to help everybody
    The information about your page was retrieved from a Google search for your page so that is how it was displayed (title, description and domain)
    A lot of the information was obtained from Google and wordtracker
    -
    hope this helps
    falcon

6. deyounggerry

deyounggerry New Member

We offer free services from email to ring tones to job search to resume help free games driving directions even pet name ideas.

I find this a poor sentence structure.

7. bmcoll3278

bmcoll3278 New Member

So how do I make it better?

8. deyounggerry

deyounggerry New Member

Something like: We offer free services, everything from email services to ring tones. We also have a job search and help with your resume. Enjoy some free games. Get driving instructions to where you want to go. We even have suggestions for naming your new pet! Look around. We have something for everyone.

9. bmcoll3278

bmcoll3278 New Member

Thats awesome Thanks!!!

10. bmcoll3278

bmcoll3278 New Member

Ok I have added another section and would like to ask for both your opinion and your help with maybe adding an article Please let me know what I should do diff.
    Thanks.
    http://www.bmcoll.com/ideas