1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphics Best compression for graphics

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by navyfalcon, May 8, 2011.

1. navyfalcon

navyfalcon Well-Known Member Verified Member

Presently, I use JPEG and GIF for compressing my graphics. Is there a better
    way to compress graphics (free) without losing picture quality. I am trying to optimize my graphics on my site for better and faster loading.
    -
    Thank You
    falcon

2. Recidivist

Recidivist VIP Member

I don't think you'll find a compression any smaller than GIF/JPEG that is also compatible with web browsers. If you have a fairly standard webpage with just JPEG/GIFs (Not with Flash widgets spammed everywhere like some sites do :mad: ) then chances are you need a better host (If it is slow for everyone) or a better internet connection (If it's just slow for you).

3. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

Take a look at either IrfanView and / or XnView, both provide tools for you to reduce down the file size without loss.

4. navyfalcon

navyfalcon Well-Known Member Verified Member

Thank You Recidivist and Ishkey.
    -
    The information helps
    -
    falcon

5. reganstar

reganstar New Member

For small image files, PNG may be a good format if you don't need non-RGB color spaces.

6. smithdavid

smithdavid New Member

Had to try Zip Compression???????

7. tomw

tomw Member