1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Legacy Badge needed for my football team

Discussion in 'Archived' started by rohanhsbrown, Nov 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rohanhsbrown

rohanhsbrown New Member

Good morning. I am really hoping you can help me.

I play for a Saturday league football team in sunny old Cornwall and we need to create a badge for our kit. The name of our team is Edgcumbe FC and we play in a blue and white kit (home) and red and white kit (away). I have copied and pasted the questions to ask for with the answers relevant for my club:

1) What is your website address (ex: http://site.com ; Site Name)? www.edgcumbetillidie.co.uk (it's a bit rubbish at the moment but is soon being revamped into a blue and white site (Edgcumbe FC colours)

2) Description of your website: Information on next match, player profiles, photos, forum, other random happenings within the Edgcumbe team
    3) List 3 logo designs you really like & why:
    http://www.sportingreece.com/UserFiles/Image/chelsea_logo.jpg

http://soccerlens.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/blackburn-rovers-crest.jpg - I really like the block bit that comes out of the bottom which includes the latin wording, As I am looking to include some latin wording on our badge.

4) Requested size of your logo: Anything that can be resized to be put onto the website and also to be printed onto our kits.

5) Do you have any images/photos that can be used for the logo ( only copyright free ones )? - We don't have any copyright images but we would like a silhouette of a church or a deers head in the middle of the badge if possible.

6) Any colors you prefer? - Our kits colours are blue and white (Home) and red and white (away)
    http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/prodinfo.asp?PID=PDS-052-001-184&DEPT=052&BRAND=001&SS=1&GROUP=TWCLR - colours of home shirt

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/prodinfo.asp?PID=PDS-052-001-164&DEPT=052&BRAND=001&SS=1&GROUP=TWCLR - colours of away shirt

To be honest I have tried and tried and tried to come up with something myself, but to no avail. So therefore I thought I could turn to the pros, as I have looked at other posts and the work you do is fantastic. I hope you dont my incompetence meaning you have to design another badge. but as I said, I have tried!

I would like the badge to be a circular shape, with the chelsea style blue circular border and Edgcumbe FC going across the top , but with the block bit at the bottom like the blackburn badge with the words "exaro ego intereo" (Till I Die) in it in a royal font.

In the middle would it be possible to put either a silhouette of a church or a silhouette of a deers head in the middle. As we started our team playing behind a church which was a filed deers grazed in. So could you try both of them.

I would also like the words est 2002 somewhere in the badge also.

I appreciate all the work you guys have to do and understand if there is no chance you can do this for me. But if it is possible, then I would be forever in your debt.

Thank you!

2. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

No problem.
    Question regarding colours though:
    I see the home and away kits are red & white / blue & white, but what colours do you want the badge to be?

As for graphics:
    I think I've got a deers head pic somewhere here, also a church or two, perhaps we could incorporate both into the crest?

Give me a day or two.

Cheers
    CP

3. rohanhsbrown

rohanhsbrown New Member

Hi Covert Pea, thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

With regards to colours, our main colours are blue and white. But our away kit is red and a blue badge wouldnt look that great on a blue kit. Is there any possible chance you could create the badge in both blue and white format and red and white format? So that way we could put them on the respected kits?

I think that incorporating them might look a bit cramped, but your the experts. Maybe if you could get the silhouette of the church and a deer grazing next to it, that way it would be a full deer body. Would this be possible? Also could you please try the individual silhouettes aswell, just so I can see what they all look like?

Thanks CP, you are the greatest!

4. CovertPea

Before I go any further, what do you think of this as an image for the centre of the badge?
    (as I usually tell people requesting footy badges: for the sake of embroiderers, printers etc. please keep in mind minimum colours and image detail)

5. rohanhsbrown

rohanhsbrown New Member

CP that is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.

I understand completely about the coulours for embroiders etc.

Would it be possible for you to try it without the deers there also? Just to see what the church looks like on its own?

thankyou very much

6. CovertPea

Here's without the deers. Original image is much larger.

7. rohanhsbrown

rohanhsbrown New Member

That looks brilliant. A couple of suggestions if I may?

Could you make the badge a royaler shade of blue, like the shade of blue you used to show me the example of the church with the deers earlier in this thread.

Also, could you make the font used for the latin writing a bit clearer, that was my mistake, I wasnt sure what it would look like. But a font which is regal, yet quite clear to look at.

And if you could please show me what it would look like with the deers included aswell in both blue and white and red and white that would be great!

CP, you're the best!

8. rohanhsbrown

rohanhsbrown New Member

Good morning Covert Pea, hoping you had a nice weekend.

I was just wondering whether you had got any more done on the badge for Edgcumbe FC?

I appreciate that you must have a lot of work on but if you could get back to me that would be great!

9. CovertPea

Oh dear, thanks for reminding me as I completely forgot!
    Catching up on my studies the last couple of days but will be taking a break tomorrow. (I think I'm getting too old for this study stuff!)
    It's 11.30 pm here now so will fix it up for you in the (my) morning.

Cheers
    CP

10. CovertPea

Okay, here's with the deers in both red and brighter blue.

11. rohanhsbrown

rohanhsbrown New Member

Thank you very much for that CP! It looks unbelievable!

All though it still feels like something is missing. We dont want people to think that we are a team of religious players by just having a church. I dont mean any offence by that but I hope you understand what I am trying to say.

Is there any chance you could add a football into the crest also, maybe by shrinking the church and deers and incorporating a football in there somewhere?

Also, having a look through your previous logos for other people. I really like the font you used for "The Goblet Society" logo, an earlier thread. Could you possibly change the font for the latin wording into the same font you used for The Goblet Society?

I'm sorry for all the hassling, and cannot thank you enough for all your work.

I look forward to your reply.

12. CovertPea

I was thinking along the same lines myself.
    Anyhow, here's the logo with a soccer ball (also removed the church spire) and the lower text changed to the 'felix titling' font.

13. rohanhsbrown

rohanhsbrown New Member

Hi Covert Pea.

Thanks for the latest design. I put it to the rest of the footy team and they agree that it seems that something is missing. I have now been asked (sorry for all the requests) for the deer (just the one with the antlers) to be the main picture with the church, including the spire, behind it. Is it possible when you have time to create that to see what it looks like?

Thank you so much!

14. CovertPea

I can do that, just give me a day or so.
    :D

15. rohanhsbrown

rohanhsbrown New Member

Hi CP.

Sorry to keep on, tell me to shut up if you must. Was just wondering whether you had had any sucess on the Edgcumbe badge?

16. CovertPea

What do you think of this 2-tone style?

17. rohanhsbrown

rohanhsbrown New Member

Hi CP, thanks for getting back to me.

Loving the two tone style! Showed it to the team and they liked it a lot too. However, and i'm sorry, but they preferred it in the darker shade of blue you used for the first badge you created on this thread. As they think that it would stand out more on our shirts. Is there any chance you could change the colour back to the original blue you used. Also, could you please create the same badge but in a darker shade of red than you used previously, again so it would stand out on our shirts!

Thank you very much and I look forward to the results!

Rohan

18. CovertPea

The darker shades.

19. rohanhsbrown

rohanhsbrown New Member

Hi Covert Pea,

Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you. I have needed feedback from the whole of the football team. Not one person has said anything negative. They all love it. Would it please be possible for you to release the transparent copies aswell as the larger image on a white background.

Thank you so much for your help CP, you are a legend! If you wernt already married i'd whisk you right up that aisle!

20. CovertPea

:D You're welcome!
    Here they are in a zip. red & blue transparent pngs and same again in jpg format.
    Mery Christmas Guys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.