1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Customization Attn tomw

Discussion in 'General' started by 1970Forest, Feb 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

ikkle treepens - never again

fg.png

fg2.png

CovertPea likes this.
  2. tomw

tomw Member

Nice Mr. Ishkey!

But let the members here tell Forest which one they like. Please go to his site and click on the page link and you should see the logo at the right side of navigation panel (left column panel). I vote for the one on this page. :)

3. tomw

tomw Member

Hey Forest, looks like you have competition here.:cautious:

4. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

I've never heard of an ikkle pen. :oops: I do like the top pic in post #61. Crisp, clean and neat.

5. 1970Forest

1970Forest Moderator Staff Member

That's blown it for me..lol should have checked if the name was in use first..duhh

6. tomw

tomw Member

Yes, lesson learned. :cry:

That website was started back in 2001. I think they officially launched theirs the following year with this horrible looking site but quickly redesigned it to this. That site looked pretty good so they did not make any changes till 2008 to the current layout you see now.

Even though you could use Forest Designs but the main keyword is Forest and since Graphics and Designs are too common for this type of business; so even with Falcon’s help with his SEO expertise, I think most of the traffic will go to your competitor’s site.

BTW, I think Forest Graphics is a registered trademark.

7. ishkey

8. tomw

tomw Member

Here is a commercially and perhaps professionally designed website using a deep blue sea and a forest for their theme so it is not bad for this old man came up with the same.

9. ishkey

graphicForest .co.uk would work
    instead of trees, graphics make up the forest - it's a surrealistic thing.

"from post #66: Graphics and Designs are too common for this type of business" - nonsense
    that is the misconception posted all over the net (let all the others believe that)
    the more people are searching on those terms the easier it is for them to find you

10. tomw

tomw Member

I was thinking of searching for those keywords and only our Forest is showing up without the other Forest so that it would have less of the competitions. By finding both Forest I would think the people will go with a well-established site.

11. 1970Forest

Too early for me to get my head around this one (that's what i get for doing nights)

12. 1970Forest

Think that both you and Ish have valid points.
    Ohhh that darn drawing board :rolleyes:

13. tomw

tomw Member

Not to mention people might think our Forest is a cheap copycat instead of cheap logos. We all know our Forest will come up with better quality logos than theirs but why hassle over it.

Yes, back to the drawing board. I think you have to change your name Forest. How about just 1970?

Now that will give me time to master Gimp so I too will give you guys, and gals, some competition for the new logo. :sneaky:

14. 1970Forest

was thinking of the 1970 part...£19.70logo or 19.70$ .....

15. ishkey

with 19.70 you could join the ranks of 19dollarlogos.com - Cheap Quality Logo Design
    the best thing you can do is just write some names down and stare at them, it will jump out at you.

An example based on SEO for one of the sites I have worked on for years. might help...
    website - cleandeck .com
    search on - graphite: About 97,500,000 results (0.15 seconds) (no results-no customers)
    (niche market) search on - clean deck graphite: About 2,030,000 results (0.16 seconds) cleandeck .com covers the entire page (rarely results in a sale)
    (broader market) search on - clean deck: About 111,000,000 results (0.22 seconds)
    What shows in google - CLEAN DECK - Graphite Undercoating for Lawn Mowers
    9th position (most all sales from this search)

When I first started to work on the site I pulled my hair out trying to figure out how to market it!
    I then decided to concentrate on the sites purpose. Sales come in on a daily basis and Requests for becoming Distributors.

16. tomw

tomw Member

I thought the website was cleandeck.NET (the power of internet. :cool:)

Are you going to update the slideshow? I keep on trying to turn up the volume thinking it was a YouTube video.

17. tomw

tomw Member

[​IMG]I made an attempt to hire you but I got this:
    403 Permission Denied

You do not have permission for this request /
    :confused:

18. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

How about adding an "er" and making it Forester Graphics?

19. tomw

tomw Member

Forester Graphics will avoid copyright issue but the searchers might be more interested in Subaru.
    I like that for the slogan but maybe it should be re-phased it to Quality Logo for Cheap? Just in case that one was copyrighted.

The pricing will lock you in at that forever.

20. 1970Forest

Sorry peeps, had to cover a weekend shift, so now again playing catch up.

Maybe the Forest part could be getting a tad messy? How about 'one stop logos?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.