1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Websites Agricultural Site Review

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by ishkey, Sep 17, 2010.

1. GG

GG Active Member

No probs mate :p

On the tractor I mentioned earlier about being fake it just gives the image of being fake the image itself does look real.

It's just the White background that gives it a bad look so you could take off the White background but then that would mess it up as the others are squares so not really sure on that UNLESS (idea popping in again lol) you can have all 3 images blended in together to make it look as one?

2. 1970Forest

1970Forest Moderator Staff Member

GG; like the idea of the blending of the 3

3. GG

GG Active Member

I thought so, I was looking online and showed you was logging in and had that feeling that you wrote a long review but lost it all lol

BTW any help on the graphics then just let me know. Wouldn't mind helping ya with as forest said to cut down your work load.

4. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

Ok - thanks for the offer I may take you up on it.
    I have larger pics of the 3 that state where to put the graphite.
    I just tried to zoom in for the ones on the page and am working on a mouse over so they enlarge to the full pic. Will see how that goes.
    For now we are going to head out for the evening, wife has plans. :D Fun ahead.

5. hosea

hosea New Member

Hi Ish

The amount of wording seems a tad bit too much the view will see it tedious to read all that on the home page.
    Another note to look at is the usage of tables to separate the paragraphs, its a bit too much info too.

Overall i like the colour and layout, its easy on the agricultural eye :)

6. ishkey

hosea - thanks for taking the time to look over the site. I know it looks to most people as long read, but that is the intention. This is a niche market, highly technical, information orientated type of people. Their work curtails being well informed. When emails come in with questions, they warrant huge amounts of time to read an answer. They use technology you see in the movies. Those seed planters shown on the site can insert one seed per hole. Farmers can even determine what the soil make-up is per square foot.
    Their investments in equipment are substantial so they what all the info they can read. So I am trying to give just enough to have them ask for more info.

7. ishkey

Made several changes you suggested GG.
    The owner wants to keep the Header the way it is.
    Fixed the line in the menu, spaced out the Contact Box.
    still working on the center pics.

8. navyfalcon

navyfalcon Well-Known Member Verified Member

on the left side below the writing you have unused area where you could show pictures of the products
    -
    hope this helps
    falcon

9. ishkey

Thanks navyfalcon I'll run the idea past the owner and see what he wants to do.

10. 1970Forest

Just a thought on the main header pic (the shadow of photographer) keeps drawing my eye in that direction, if you want to send the jpeg to me I will blend it out for you or just post it up on the thread and i'll copy it? I do like the way you have now married the two with the clouds, nice touch!!

11. GG

GG Active Member

Site's looking great Ish! Good touch on the images too.

The text does make the site look a little more easier to read with the tables giving the summary of each product.

Contact form is looking much better! :D Nice and clean.

Understand the header but did you have a look at the link I sent you via PM? with the gallery header?

But other then that well done! Looks great :)

12. ishkey

Yes I saw that pm -gg, ran it past Bill, just emailed me today with a list of things, he thought it was to distracting and said leave it static.
    1970Forest if you want to, here it is. Standing in a Gravity Box is not easy. The header is in 2 parts.

Attached Files:

13. 1970Forest

As GG says, site is looking great, Well done Ish

Gave a very quick go at blending;

Attached Files:

14. ishkey

Hey looks good 1970Forest - I have downloaded it and will post it up to the site later.
    Thanks a bunch.

15. ishkey

Hey 1970Forest check out your handy work on the Farm Site it looks better than ever.
    Thanks again I really appreciate your work.

I've got so much going on in terms of changes to the main site an to other sites that Bill owns, that I can't seem to remember all the things that need to be done. I am in the coding mode and switching into wearing my graphics hat just isn't working.

I'm about ready to post up those 3 other graphics and take you and GG up on your offer to fix them.

For the last 4 hours I have been racking my brain as to why my Heat Maps are not producing the graphical output as they have been for the last 9 months. Nor is the software picking up another sub-domain. It's something I coded just got to find it.

16. 1970Forest

Ish, always happy to help, and yes does look better (even if I do say it myself)

Post em up and I'm sure if me n GG can help we will...

Ish you know what my programming skills are like (after recent events) so don't envy you at all, but good luck!! you know it will be something simple as per norm and you'll kick yourself over it!!!

17. ishkey

Ok here are the 3 pics of the farm equipment, see what you can do to make them look better on the farm site.

Attached Files:

18. GG

GG Active Member

Great! :D I'll see what I can do

19. 1970Forest

Hi Ish, I've had a look at them and not too sure what you want done Cleaning up so less blur maybe?

If you are thinking when GG said the pic's looked fake, I assumed he meant the ones on the bottom of page (gallery)

Will see what I can do

20. ishkey

I don't know anymore as GG saw so much. Maybe I posted up the wrong ones.
    I can say the ones in the gallery are real.