1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Web Design Add more pages ?

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by kccakes, Jul 7, 2008.

1. kccakes

kccakes New Member

Hi, I have edited the Hair salon template, but I'd like to add more pages to it, ie: about, portfolio...etc..and I'm not sure how to do that while linking back to the CSS sheet ?

Do I just save the index file as "about" and edit that....
    Also I would like a "portfolio page" and would like that to look different from the index...how would I change the layout so that it doesn't look like the index because it's all defined in the CSS sheet as default ?

I hope my questions make sense and that someone can help.

Thanks,
    Kat

www.cakessogood.com

2. djwilson

djwilson New Member

just copy and paste the 'index' and rename them to what you want and edit each one etc... dont forget to link them up

3. kccakes

kccakes New Member

Thanks,that's what I thought, just save and rename, but this doesn't solve the mystery for me on how to edit the page to look different from the index page...because the page defaults to the CSS sheet that it links too.

where do I place the link to link to the new/added pages. In the CSS file or in the source code in the editing software I'm using (Nvu) ?

Thanks so much!
    Kat

4. djwilson

djwilson New Member

i use Nvu as well, have you tried on dreamweaver?

5. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

you answerwed yoour own mystery.
    Cascading Style Sheets (CSS): A stylesheet language used to describe the presentation of a document written in a markup language.
    With CSS, your HTML documents can be displayed using different output styles: