1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

A template a day will keep the quality away.

Discussion in 'News' started by Mimoun, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Mimoun

Mimoun Administrator Staff Member Director Verified Member

A template a day will keep the quality away.

We will no longer provide a new template per day, because we believe that this will compromise the quality of our website templates.
    We now aim for quality not quantity.

Roadmap to quality.

A lot people are having problems using the templates because it requires knowledge of HTML and CSS.
    Quality is not only the looks of the templates but also it's usability.
    There is no need in having thousand of templates if 90% of the visitors can't use them.

We will try make templates that work with some of the popular content management systems like wordpress, drupal and joomla.

So this is good news because we will have:
    Better looking templates that are more usable.

How do you think we can enhance the quality of our templates?

2. NickyD

NickyD New Member

Well, I kinda like the templates the way they are and look forward to seeing a new one everyday. But, I respect your decision. I am enjoying this site and the templates you offer. Keep up the good work. I am interested in seeing what you mean by a more quality template.

3. lmfrench

lmfrench New Member

I like most of the designs, however, what I like the most about all the templates is that they are created using HTML and CSS, this makes them super easy to modify. I have sent a lot of my clients to this site. I do agree that the quality of the templates are down a bit, but when they are being rushed that is expected. But honestly I think the only thing that can be improved upon is bigger templates. What I mean is, ones that can hold more information. Most of the new ones hold very little information, where as the older ones seem to hold endless amounts of information.

I love this site though, and I have helped a couple of people because I love design, no matter what, I will use the site for clients, and myself. I will also continue to frequent the forums.

4. Scoooooty

Scoooooty Member

Yer some of the templates I did think were a little rushed or not the same quality of the other templates that had been made but all of my favourate designs from this site were made during the "new template everyday" period.

Templates made to eb used with drupal and joomla would be great.

5. lmfrench

lmfrench New Member

I totally agree with you there, I actually have tried to design for joomla, and didn't do a very good job, so it would be nice to be able to download a really nice one and learn from it, however, I really hate to see the HTML and CSS go, because that is really big right now too, a lot of people have no need for a CMS, they just want a really smooth running, fast loading site. :)

6. lamha

lamha New Member

I prefer plain html and css. It is easy to modify. I don't use and never heard of wordpress, drupal and joomla. I actually like the new designs for the last month or so except for the latest 3 designs that look like you did it in a rush. HTML is very easy to learn in case someone who doesn't know HTML.

7. Mimoun

If we do add a CMS to our templates we will not remove the HTML/CSS part.

8. lmfrench

lmfrench New Member

Oh, that's awesome....thanks Mimoun!!!!

9. sportsbman

sportsbman New Member

Great

great i agree that you should make better ones, rather than alot

10. NickyD

NickyD New Member

Just curious, how often will there be a new template? Have not seen one for a while. Thanks.

11. paul374

paul374 New Member

no me either...:( i wonder is mimoun coming back?

12. Scoooooty

Scoooooty Member

Mimoun is back and there should be a couple new templates coming soon.

13. Mimoun

I will try to add 5 new templates soon.

14. Habbouniversal

Habbouniversal New Member

loving the pun
    and i agree

15. NickyD

NickyD New Member

I miss the updates here. Is this site still active?

16. Mimoun

The website is still active I will try to add some new templates soon.

17. smoochie

smoochie New Member

Multipage templates

How about complete site templates such including.

a template specific for the homepage
    A template for the rest of the content pages
    a template for a wordpress blog in the same theme as the home and content pages, wordpress blogs should have an area for ads and adsense.

Would be nice if the home and content pages had a section that had the proper code/formatting to show items from RSS/Atom Feeds (such as wordpress).

18. NickyD

NickyD New Member

Good. Looking forward to the new templates. Always enjoy seeing them.

19. soheilweb

soheilweb New Member

Tkank you, and good luck.

20. jancrom

jancrom New Member

.. today is february 14.th, still no new templates... what happened? Any news? Any suggestions?