1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

General Need help, how to donwload template?

Discussion in 'General' started by crocdundy, Jun 28, 2011.

1. crocdundy

crocdundy New Member

Hey,

I use serif webplus x5 and thus have a very basic understanding of html and coding (i can read it and edit it just not well).

I have tried for a few days now to follow the guides on this forum like
    https://freewebsitetemplates.com/fo...ng-free-website-templates-3-easy-steps-17256/
    but these are just too difficult to understand.

I really want this template for my websites photogallery
    Download Free templates number 11433 - Free Web Templates

and have downloaded and tried to insert it as an html object....edit the coding to link it to its new folder.....tried using allerycode html editor and it just absolutely doesnt work. I would like to change the pictures and edit the blue to a green, but again just have no idea how to get this template onto my website. Serif is great but you just cant make this template work without it being somewhat off or too complex.

Thanks for the help,
    Croc

2. navyfalcon

navyfalcon Well-Known Member Verified Member

How to download a template and use "AlleyCode HTML Editor" to edit the template

step one (1). Click here to download templates 11433 (on template source)
    This puts the zip template on your desktop

step two (2). Right click on folder 11433 (shows a zipper on folder) to unzip it

step three (3) Double click on AlleyCode HTML Editor icon (this opens Alleycode)

step four (4) On Alleycode (left click) File - Open - Desktop - double click on unzipped folder 11433
    that opens the files in the folder

step five (5) double click on "index" (HTML Icon)
    That puts the template source code in Alleycode

step six (6) In Alleycode double click on the magnifying glass, that puts the webtemplate picture on Alleycode
    -
    Any problems or questions, just ask
    -
    I can give you step by step instructions for other free HTML Editors to download and edit templates if you need them
    -
    To edit the pictures, download Photo Pos Pro
    Free Photo Editor and Free Image Editor (Free Photo Editing Software and Free Image Editing Software)
    -
    hope this helps
    falcon
    (P.S. I use Alleycode for my site along with others)

3. tomw

tomw Member

If it was too difficult to understand then you should have asked for more detail. I downloaded that template and converted into theme so that w-CMS can use it and here is the result:

photoGallery by Free Website Templates

4. walterfairview

walterfairview New Member

i am new to html editing, but was hoping to just adjust premade templates to suit my needs.
    my question stems from following navyfalcons instructions.
    basically, i followed them to a the T and used the alleycode editor with a template from this site but when it is loaded and in split view the template appears differently than the picture on the downloads page. is this because i am using windows 7 or does that not matter?
    how could i possibly correct this?
    thanks

5. tomw

tomw Member

Is there a link to your template so that we could take a look?

6. navyfalcon

I don't think Alleycode supports win 7.
    Try
    Best Free HTML Editor
    Best Free HTML Editor
    They list several good ones
    Make sure they support win 7
    -
    Remember the best free HTML Editor is the one that works best for you
    Most HTML Editors have Tutorials and forums to give you help plus good help files (in the editor).
    -
    falcon

7. navyfalcon

8. walterfairview

9. tomw

tomw Member

The template is put together with HTML and CSS. I think the CSS file is missing in yours.

If you would like to use my CMS (w-CMS) as the poster of this thread has attempted, I can help you to set it up. Perhaps you will have better luck. This is how the site would look like.

10. walterfairview

11. tomw

tomw Member

Looks like all the files are in place. All you need is click on index.html and the template should be shown by a browser that is in your PC.

12. navyfalcon

Note: Nothing beats a custom template from "freewebsitetemplates"
    but while waiting these may help

Free Website Templates For Photo Websites | Creativity and Experimentation
    10 Free Web Templates To Set Up A Photo Portfolio
    Free photography templates are an excellent choice for creative photo website
    which will be both catchy and easy-to-manage.

Free Picasa Flash and HTML photo gallery plugins for Picasa to showcase your photos
    Free Picasa Flash and HTML photo gallery
    Use these free templates to showcase your photos and images.

AnvSoft Flash Slide Show Maker - free slide show making software with cool effects
    ANVSOFT Flash Slide Show Maker
    free slide show making software with cool effects
    -
    scroll down to
    View Sample Flash Produced by Flash Slideshow Maker
    and click on it
    scroll down to
    Cool Flash From User
    and click on it
    Look at "Pictures DresdenPictures Dresden"
    scroll to the top of the page
    - -