1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Legacy Help with a custom name logo

Discussion in 'Archived' started by ShaynaT, Sep 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShaynaT

ShaynaT New Member

If anyone out there would help me out, I would be deeply grateful!! I am a new-comer and I am in the middle of making my web site but am having a difficult time creating a logo.

I have added an example of something I like. I like the whole name and also the initials. Love the purple colors or browns....

Mine will be, Shayna Thompson Photography.

Site says to use transparent PNG (png 24)
    310 pixels wide or smaller &
    170 pixels tall or smaller

THANK YOU!!!!!!!! : )

Attached Files:

2. GG

GG Active Member

Hi :)

Could you please read the information given in this sticky: https://freewebsitetemplates.com/forum/f17/graphic-requests-must-read-14977/ as it will help us give a clearer view of exactly what you want.

Also whilst you are waiting for a reply feel free to roam around the site and see where else you can help out as a way of giving back to the community. You might also wanna check out this post: https://freewebsitetemplates.com/forum/f15/calling-all-photographers-14832/

Thank you
    GG

P.S. Also please do not PM other members to do your request to get it filled in quickly. Your request will be filled once we see your help and also when we have the time as we do this in our free time so please be patient. Thank you

3. ShaynaT

ShaynaT New Member

Thanks

Thank you for the information. I am new and just signed up today. I was on another forum and it seemed like no one ever got on, so I found this one.

There is alot of helpful information on here and i hope I can put what little info I have out there for others to use.

Thanks Again!

Sorry for PM thing. I did not know.

Also, I was trying to do my own on my photoshop..ugh, and I found that my page can stand a 400 width pixels & 250 height....but again, I am no professional! Thanks for you time!

4. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

Here's a start.

Attached Files:

5. 1970Forest

1970Forest Moderator Staff Member

Hi ShaynaT, Firstly welcome to FWT

I will work on this later today, but I'm off out with the boy for a FOOTBALL Tourney (that's Soccer to you's over the pond and yes I still hate the soccer tag...lol)

I take it it's mainly a txt based logo, no graphics, ie lens etc?

6. 1970Forest

Good start as per CP!!!

7. ShaynaT

ShaynaT New Member

I like that! Not sure on the colors. Does it come in purples? :)

Also, I like these. I'm sorry but I'm just trying to figure out my style right now.:eek: But I like the concept of that one!

Attached Files:

8. ShaynaT

ShaynaT New Member

1970Forest, Thank you for your help!

And Yes, soccer here...lol I played for many many years! :)

And I posted a couple more examples and they have small graphics. I'm just trying to find "me". I'm sure with yalls help, I will be able to find that! : )

Again, thank you so much!! I will check back later. Should be heading to bed shortly! It's 1:30 AM here!

Thanks again to everyone!

9. ShaynaT

ShaynaT New Member

Though I find it difficult for me to make anything because I have a long name................ :(

10. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

Not only purples but black, red and striped colours as well.
    :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

11. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

Your name isn't all that long but f you think it is, you could always marry someone with a short name. :rolleyes:
    Here is another one for you to look at.

Attached Files:

• stp.png
      stp.png
      File size:
      20 KB
      Views:
  12. ShaynaT

ShaynaT New Member

Ooo....I think the black one is better outta those. I love purple but purple one don't hit me.

Can you try one like I posted the second time? Sorry :confused:

13. ShaynaT

ShaynaT New Member

THANK YOU but that one doesn't stand out for me. :( Can you also try like something I posted the second time? I dont know.

But anywho, the last name I have now IS my married name :rolleyes:

14. ShaynaT

ShaynaT New Member

1970Forest, love the purple but not it. I liked the one of I think was emily bailey? That concept I liked. ;)

15. ShaynaT

ShaynaT New Member

Got to go take my kiddos to see my grandmother, i will be back later!

Thanks again for aaaall yalls help!!!! :)

16. 1970Forest

No Prob's, was trying something different (hope you dont mind gonna delete pic as may use for something else) That's what you get being at footy for 10hrs, but at least they walked away with the trophy!!!!!

17. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

I thought it was like the second set of examples but I'll try again.

18. 1970Forest

Aaaww as you posted nice coments for me here's a better try (I hope:rolleyes:)

Attached Files:

• stp.jpg
      stp.jpg
      File size:
      40.7 KB
      Views:
  19. GG

GG Active Member

Thought i'd give it a go too :)

(Graphic Removed)

Not sure if it's what your after. Have a look at the link I gave you in my earlier post and see if you can answer those questions. If you need to have a think about it then so be it but it will make easier for the designers to get an idea of what you are after.

Thanks

20. ShaynaT

ShaynaT New Member

1) What is the exact name you would like in your logo?
    Shayna Thompson Photography

2)
    What is your website address (ex: http://site.com ; Site Name)?
    My sire is still in the admin process....public is unable to view it. I'll try and do a screen print and post it. Back ground color a light tan...

3) Description of your website:
    It's just a photography blog/flash site. I dont know how to describe it. Hope I can get a shot of it!

4)
    Have you found any logos/designs on the web that you feel convey
    the style you are looking for?

I have already done this in an earlier post ;)
    And stated I liked 1970Forest's emily bailey one. I'll add that one as well....

5) Requested size of your logo:
    Transparent PNG
    I have gotten a 400W/250H to fit in my spot....

6) Do you have any images/photos that can be used for the logo? (must be copyright free)
    No images.... :)

7) What logo styles do you like (text only, image only, text and image, etc.)?
    Just text and a squiggly line or two...example in previous posts...or a flower..?

8) What colors do you want to see in your logo?
    I like purple but browns I suppose since we are talking about corresponding with page color...?

9) What colors do you NOT want to see in your logo?
    BRIGHT.....

10) Describe the target audience for your logo
    Families....mothers? People wanting photos?

11) What are the top 3 things you would like to communicate through your logo?
    Attract business, families, students, women

12) Where will your logo be used (print, website, etc.)?
    Website

13) Do you have other info or links you want to share?
    Nothing I think ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.