1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Legacy Help with Football crest for new league

Discussion in 'Archived' started by smahoney1, Jan 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smahoney1

smahoney1 New Member

We are starting an Adult soccer league in my area and would like help with creating a crest for the league. The crest will be used for the jerseys and website. I would like the Champion's League "star" ball to be the focal point of the shield. I attached a few images below of some of my ideas. I am a new member on the forums and am willing to help other forum members and fellow new comers anyway I can. Thank you in advance.

1) What is the exact name you would like in your logo?
    North Shore United FC

2) What is your website address (ex: http:/site .com/; Site Name)?
    Website is being created

3) Description of your website or business:
    Adult Soccer Club, Coed and recreational

4) Search the Internet for any logos/designs on the web that you feel convey
    the style you are looking for?
    I like the shield style and the stripes on the bottom half of this design done by a member of this site
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/93dateg/Picture005.jpg
    [​IMG]

I like the banner on this logo, also done by a member of this site
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/93dateg/Picture004.jpg
    [​IMG]

I am open to other banner shapes and styles

I would like to have the Champion's League "star" ball to be the focal point of the shield, maybe in the center above the stripes. Ether stationary or "swooshing" style
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/93dateg/images1-1.jpg
    [​IMG]

My idea is to have the shield with stripes on the bottom half of the shield and the Champion's League "star" ball above the stripes. Our League name can be in the banner, below the shield, or on the top part of the shield. The banner could even be on the top of the shield.

5) Requested size of your logo:
    Will it be made into a poster or printed on shirts? (high resolution)
    High Resolution logo to be printed on jerseys and marketing flyers

6) Do you have any images/photos that can be used for the logo? (must be copyright free)
    Please see above #4

7) What logo styles do you like (text only, image only, text and image, etc.)?
    Text and Image

8) What colors do you want to see in your logo?
    Red/Black/White

9) What colors do you NOT want to see in your logo?
    N/A

10) Describe the target audience for your logo
    Adults and kids of all ages

11) What are the top 3 things you would like to communicate through your logo?
    Atract adult players of all experience levels to gain interest in our league
    Create an identity for the league

12) Where will your logo be used (print, website, etc.)?
    Jerseys and website, maybe mailers

13) Do you have other info or links you want to share?
    N/A

14) Finally we need is there a style font you prefer, please let us know.
    Any font will do, something easy to read

2. smahoney1

smahoney1 New Member

Please any help would be appreciated.

3. cynthiajwang

cynthiajwang VIP Member

Most of the designers will begin to help out once we see you've been helping out around the forum.

4. 1970Forest

1970Forest Moderator Staff Member

Please be aware that the Champion's League "star" ball is copyrighted and can not be used

5. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

Question #6 seems to be a hard one for people.
    6) Do you have any images/photos that can be used for the logo? (must be copyright free)
    Finding an appropriate, non-copyrighted graphic is the hardest and most time-consuming part of putting together logos.

As 1970Forest has said "Champion's League "star" ball is copyrighted and can not be used", look around and find something else
    and the helping out part, that cynthiajwang mentioned will get you some help, it's not that hard.

6. smahoney1

smahoney1 New Member

Thanks for the update. I had no idea that I could not use the image of the "star" ball. A regular soccer ball will be fine and I will become active on the board.

7. smahoney1

smahoney1 New Member

Quick Background on our league. I played and now have 2 kids U10 and U14 that have been playing in www.AYSo_Org core and travel teams. Our region website is www.ayso372.org AYSO is affiliated with a sister site for adults that are interested in playing www.adultsoccer.org NAASA North American Adult Soccer Association. Fast forward to now, and we received league approval before the holidays with the hope to start registration this Spring to start our first season.

8. smahoney1

smahoney1 New Member

New idea, keep the shield style above with the stripes and banner below. A soccer ball in the middle above the stripes with stars on both sides or maybe around the ball. The words North Shore United above the ball and Football Club in the banner.

Please help with my design. I've been helping out when I can and will contribute to the website reviews. We are opening registration in feb/mar and would like to have the jerseys ready. Thanks in advance!

9. 1970Forest

10. 1970Forest

As promised

shore.jpg

11. smahoney1

smahoney1 New Member

Incredible! Way better than I expected. Thank you. What's the next step for saving the logo?
    I will stay active on the forums helping out others. Are you accepting donations?

12. 1970Forest

Glad you like it!!

I will mail you all the files you need, the main 1 will be a EPS (Vector) files that your printer will need to put on the kit, please note if you do not have relevant programmes to open it, you will not see it, but don't worry it is all there.
    Also I will include jpeg and png and pdf formats, these you will see and be able to use

As to donations, look at the bottom of this post the is a bright red word; click on it and there you will see the answer to your question.

Will send files in morning

Also made very slight alterations (see below)

shore.jpg

13. modman

modman VIP Member

i like it forest (thumbs up)

14. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

Another top result there Forest. :D

15. 1970Forest

Well thank you MM / Lady S :D

16. smahoney1

smahoney1 New Member

Again thank you for the awesome work! I will post pictures of the final product once it's printed. Forest look out for a donation coming shortly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.