1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Closed Zombie/Military-ish Themed Templet for HL2 MOD

Discussion in 'Archived' started by Ninja Krow, Aug 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ninja Krow

Ninja Krow New Member

Ok Let see where to start.

Well for one I am using a Service that allows CSS Style sheets For Custom Templets. I'm also using Invisionfree Power Boards service as my Forums and I want my website and my forum to retain the Same theme.

I would like to also see if the Base CSS code used for my Current Forum arrangment could be used or mimiced and improved for better Scalabilty on monitors with smaller Screen Resolutions.

Heres the Direct Link to my site as it is in all it nastyness. http://stud_hl2mod.moddb.com

images I would like to be used with in this Project are as follows.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry for the Lage Images, but I'm sure you can scale em down or what not as needed. nore do these have to be used.

Visually I want the site and the Forum (Which are both Seprate Locations from even the URL) To all look and work the same.

I have the CSS code of the Forum if you would like it. I don't much like it colors, or how it not very good with Scaling at lower resolutions and I want to have an over all theme as it is for a Half-Life 2 Modifacation about zombie Hunter.

Also, My Forum skin has no Image Scaling down to keep larger then Screen images in without having to scrool over. I would like this solved if at all possable.

Oh and my current Forum Skin was not created by me but my cousin, who is no longer able to help out due to Work, School and Married life.

Teh Basic Theme I wish to go for here is Sort of a Military Bunker/base with maybe some bloody finger/hands prints if not too big of a deal.
    Button and a Button Templet would also be very nice. but I'm asking alot as is.

Please Contact me if you have any more Questions. I can be reached at:
    mailto:Revenant_krow@yahoo.com

thank you...

2. Mimoun

Mimoun Administrator Staff Member Director Verified Member

Answer the following questions which will make the design process of your free website template easier for our web designers:

1) What is your url ( website address)?
    2) Description of your website:
    3) List 3 template designs on FWT you really like:
    4) List 3 websites which you think look great ( doesn't need to be similar to your sites):
    5) List 3 similar websites:
    6) Do you have any images/photos that can be used for the template ( only copyright free ones )?
    7) Any colors you prefer?

3. Ninja Krow

Ninja Krow New Member

Ok I'll Brake this down one by one to get you all the info I can.

I thought I had already Told you my Current Site's URL but in case I didn't because I'm know to be a bit Bone headed at times. http://stud_hl2mod.moddb.com

My website is actully a two part site. One a Zombie Film Fan Site built around a Fictional Group i made up called S.T.U.D (Specialized Tactical Undead Disposal) and also it a Half-Life 2 Modifacation Project About Said group.

I really Kinda Liked the Gothy gaming template butt he images where not suitable for my Theme.

The "Black Mesa: Source" Project But it's Flash and that not exactly something cheap to have made.

Renegade Recon But again that also flash but i like how their Membership is linked to the Forums. some somehing I'll even be able to have done at this current time with the free Invisionfree poweboards Service I'm with.

And If not for teh fact that the Colors are just Plain Wrong and all the Graphical Boarders are kinda hard for slower connection to load up. My own Forums Are kinda how i want them to look. they just have an big Scaling issue and when a picture larger then the forum window is posted. it scales way out to foce the viewer to scroll side ways to see much of what posted under that.

Well Black Mesa Source is one.
    No more room In hell is another one.
    And let me think. D.E.A.D

All three are Half-Life 2 Modifacation Project involving Zombies...

As a matter of fact I do, and both i thought i already posted in my request above, but againt o be on teh safe side. Both images are created by my self and a guy in my group just for our groups site.

The banner:
    [​IMG]

And the Badge/LOGO:
    [​IMG]

Well I would really like to use CSS Style Code to do all this as that would be the easiest for the services to use. But I would like my Website and Forum to almsot Match each other. the CSS used for the Forums was created by my cousin whos got married and a new job in Texas and he no longer has the intrest nore teh time to finish waht he started. I can get to teh Code used in it current state if you want to take a look at it to see if you can help me fix it and recolor it. then base another CSS Style Sheet for teh Site that looks and work very simular.

As for Colors, I want it to resemble a Army bunker or Fall out shelter. Concreet grays and textures, like that.

I know to make a totally new Templet will take some time. And I'm willing to wait a while if needs be for anything at all. I like what you did with the Gothy Gaming Templet but I want to maintain the Layout of my Forums with my site. My forums Colors are wrong and it has scaling problems but my cousin given me the right to have it changed. even down to teh boarder images.

I could really use some help. and Well you seem to be the only one that is willing to thus far. thank you...

4. Ruthe

Ruthe Community Manager

Hi Ninja,

Thank you for your request.

Previously, your template request had to be put on hold due to insufficient resources; we are now pleased to announce that the template request forum will be relaunched on 24 March 2014.

In appreciation of your patience and loyalty all these years, we would like to invite you to be among the first to have your customized template produced.

If you would still like for this same template request to be processed, please reply to this thread within 30 days of this post and we will begin working on it as soon as possible.

Please note that any request to accept this offer after the above stipulated period will not be entertained.

I look forward to seeing you on FWT again!

:) ruthe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.