1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

General Your post will not be visible...

Discussion in 'General' started by tomw, Jul 12, 2010.

1. tomw

tomw Member

Some of posting I made I got this:

Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting. You will now be taken back to the forum. If you opted to post a poll, you will now be allowed to do so.

Why???

2. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

In an attempt to cut down on unwanted spam, you fell into an automated filter.
    This is a standard practice on just about all forums these days.
    Spammers of all types, out number members by at least a 100 to 1.
    With those types of numbers we have our work cut out for us to keep the flow of the forum, the members enjoy. Without it this forum would just become a massive Spam Board.

3. tomw

tomw Member

Thanks for the explanation. Hopefully self-promotion is not considering spam. I'm here to help out members in need of templates and websites and promote my project odCMS at the same time. It seems that my postings need approval eventually were posted.

4. tomw

tomw Member

Did I get demoted?

I was a Senior Member for a while and now I’m back as a Member. Did I get demoted?

5. 1970Forest

1970Forest Moderator Staff Member

Did you delete 1 of your posts? you'll be back up to a senior with your next post by breaking the 100 mark. (well that's how I see it)

6. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

Wait a minute - I thought I was one of the few senior citizens around here.

7. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

Aww Dave, I thought you were the ONLY senior cit around here! :p

8. tomw

tomw Member

I'm on social security and not due to disability. iskey knows what that means.

Forest, you just starting out at 40, you still have a long way to go.

You're right! I'm a Senior again.

9. nidhivyas

nidhivyas Member

i am a senior member.
    It is attempt to cut down on unwanted spam, you fell into an automated filter.
    This is a standard practice on just about all forums these days.
    Spammers of all types, out number members by at least a 100 to 1.
    I am here to help out members in need of templates and websites and promote my project odCMS at the same time.
    It seems that my postings need approval eventually were posted.