1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Software Wordpress choice?

Discussion in 'General' started by barra, Jul 13, 2010.

1. barra

barra New Member

Hey guys and girls,]

Mr confusion here,,lol

Are there any pitfalls to using Wordpress?

I currently have Serif webplus 10 ,which is really easy for idiots like me , and RV sitebuilder ( wich is a pain in the butt).

Should I consider using Wordpress?

With the serif program I ask the program to publish to the web and it has its own ftp thing, Its makes it easy . Is wordpress similar?

There are a lot of the WP templates to find here. but I dont want to bit off more than is chewabe..lol

cheers

2. enigma1

enigma1 New Member

WP is a CMS that needs to be installed on the server. But there are many FTP programs around easy enough to learn how to upload files you modify. You need to dig into programming a bit which can help in the long run.

As of pitfalls, depends what you want the site to do. Personally I find WP way too complex to customize.

After all if you find a template here that you like how much effort are you willing to invest to turn it into a functional site?

3. tomw

tomw Member

Most people I know that tried out WP they simply love it and would not use another CMS. You should not have any problem if you are using the templates that were made for WP. Creating your own templates might have some learning curve.

I'm currently converting the designs found here at this site to be used for a CMS that I'm currently developing. It is very easy to converting the designs into templates. Give it a try if you're interested. enigma1 also has a very good CMS you might want to try out. I don't know why he is not mentioning it here.

4. greenwoodhigh

greenwoodhigh New Member

I am working on many wordpress blogs and i consider it as best platform compared to any other!

5. barra

barra New Member

I will give it a go. I have to find out what a CMS is first though..lol