1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphics Whats the easiest way to make this gradent

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by ishkey, May 21, 2009.

1. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

In Paintshop Pro how do you create the even flow that you see in gradents and could you do it with the suntan tool? What if I need to change the color of the example shown and all I have is the jpg file. Do I make a copy of the background and work from there? I know it's easy for you but mind bogging for me. When I try to change it all I get is stairsteps of color or the color comes out all wrong, as if the color underneath is adding to the new color. Is this a layer problem or am I geeting to old to figure it out?
    Dave

Attached Files:

• bg.jpg
      bg.jpg
      File size:
      640 bytes
      Views:
  2. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

I'd make one up for you and send it only I don't know which version psp you're using or if the gradients are still saved under the .jgd extension type.
    But then again, you don't get to learn that way. :)

(just looked it up and found extension is now .grd)

You might find this site useful: look halfway down the page
    http://www.the-graphics-tablet.com/surface-reflection.html

The sample you've posted is a simple #F7B79E to #FFFFFF gradient. When you've followed the tutorial your gradient editor should look like this:

Attached Files:

3. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

I am using version 10, just uninstalled and reinstalled the software, gradients now work fine. Sometimes my old brain just slows down.
    Thanks for your help.