1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Websites What do you think....

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by GDSweb.ca, Jun 20, 2009.

1. GDSweb.ca

GDSweb.ca Moderator/Developer

Hey guy's I've been busy at work developing a Wordpress Blog for a few soldiers that are heading to Afghanistan....

Just would like some thoughts on the design of the site...http://pcoy.gdsweb.ca

Thanks in Advance!

2. GDSweb.ca

Anyone........??.....just looking for comments about the design, and yes... it is still xhtml and css valid=)

3. Hey,
    Nice design, i really like the header.
    Great Work.

4. bmcoll3278

bmcoll3278 New Member

Looks great

I like the design alot very nice But I have a dsl connect and it loaded kind of slow. Do the guys overseas have a fast connection? I dint know but the graphics may slow them down if not.

5. bmcoll3278

bmcoll3278 New Member

Sorry for my last comment My wife was on the phone Im dumb. It loads fine after she hung up. I love the background nice work

6. GDSweb.ca

Thanks for the comments guy's.....

makes me know im going down the right path =)

7. deyounggerry

deyounggerry New Member

I think your design is very good. I don't know why you require a log in but I think it ought to be at the top of the page. You certainly picked the right colors.

8. navyfalcon

navyfalcon Well-Known Member Verified Member

Since the blog is very directed, most of us do not know what to comment on.
    What do you want us to look for ??
    Normally, I would check the title tags, description and keywords, but I don't know what direction to go. Also load time and compression techniques, but it is a personal blog, so what is important. What resolution and what browser ??
    Most military want to know about home, family and friends (pictures help),and family want to know personal things about their son, daughter, father, mother, or the person that is no longer home. We do not know these people, so how can we comment effectively ?? Home town, friends, goals, etc.
    -
    hope this helps
    falcon

9. jefflavoie

jefflavoie New Member

Hi,
    The overall feel of the page makes a big impact. It is very professional-looking. A few details annoy me however: it is slightly cluttered and the various data on the page compete with the rest of the data for attention. For example the "Home", "Profiles", "Chat" and search items in the upper right hand corner are a little bit lost in the design. The Rss logo and text does not read well on the background. Perhaps toning down the background would help for all this.

But these are details. The page looks awesome.
    JL :)

10. bmcoll3278

bmcoll3278 New Member

Question
    My site seems to get ok reviews but I need a little more flash like maybe a nice header. can you look and quote me with a price for a nice header gif?. link in sig.

11. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member