1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Legacy Weeting Football Club Logo

Discussion in 'Archived' started by sephgreen, May 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sephgreen

sephgreen New Member

Dear All,

Firstly, Covertpea, Sorry for adding to an open thread and thanks for the pointers!

I am involved with a football team that will require a football badge to use on letterheads, website and most importantly our shirts. Our club, Weeting Football Club is situated in Norfolk.

1) Our web site is http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/weetingfootballclub/ but the information is very basic and minimal at the moment, but this is soon to be updated!!

2) As I have already mentioned we are a Sunday League football team, that will soon to include a few youth teams and possible a Saturday team!

3) The deigns that I like are the sheild badges, I like the shape of "West Hams United's" badge.

4) The size can be adjusted to suit, but it will be used on letterheads, website and shirts, so any small images may be unclear to read?

5) I am very open to suggestions for the design, But we are starting the team up again, the club folded in 2005 due to lack of interest and money problems, so with 2009 being the fresh start it may be nice to have that on there, but not essensial! I would however like "Weeting Football Club" somewhere on the badge, Like on the West Ham badge in the scroll?

6) Our strip is Navy Blue and Black Vertical stripes with white details, I would prefer the background of the badge white.

I look forward to seeing what you can do! If you need any more imput let me know!

Kindest Regards Seph

2. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

On my list!
    (might take a while as my list is getting l o n g e r) :)

Cheers
    CP

3. sephgreen

sephgreen New Member

Sorry to push you on this but have you any idea on the time frame as we shall need to place an order for the kits as soon as possible.

Thanks Again.

Seph

4. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

"the lack of planning"
    I told you CP you needed your own site and to charge people. By now you would have a tidy sum. Just goto Blogger set up a free site, mod the software to look like you, display your work and put up a donation or tipjar through paypail.
    Heck on blogger if you want your own domain name to stand out, buy one at $10.00 a year and google will host it for free.
    ;););)
    I wonder if all these teams get everything else for free...
    Most likely not.

5. CovertPea

Yeah, I know Dave. :rolleyes:
    But once you start charging it's too much like real work and where's the fun in that eh?
    Maybe one day when I'm old(er) and totally desperate for money. :D

Seph -
    Got some real work to do tomorrow but I hope to have something for you by the end of this weekend.

Cheers!

6. sephgreen

sephgreen New Member

CovertPea -
    I really apreciate your efforts and cant way to see the design.

Ishkey-
    I agree that we have left this a bit late but this was not due to lack of interest! We had a certain amount of red tape to go through before we were aloud to use the pitch etc, I did not want to waste everyones time on here if the logo would not be used. As for the free stuff, We are aiming to get as much stuff free as possible, right down to new goal posts! As a sunday league side money is tight!

Thanks for your help.

7. CovertPea

You haven't given me much detail (apart from stripes and colours) so I kind of filled it with what seemed appropriate for a footy team.
    How about this?

Attached Files:

8. sephgreen

sephgreen New Member

Thanks, I do like the basic design but feel that with the shirt being blue and black striped this maybe would stand out with a white background on the shield and scroll, and also would it be possible to have "Weeting Football Club" Written in the scroll? Or would this be too small. I am finding out information on when the club was acctually formed as we now beleive that the village has had a team dating from the 60's but I will advise. I will show the committee and get their input once the changes have been done. Thanks once again, I really apreciate your efforts.

9. CovertPea

Yep, that's way too many letters to fit on a scroll.

This is minus the stripes and shown on a black background:

Attached Files:

10. sephgreen

sephgreen New Member

Thanks again for your speedy response. Please put "West Ham Badge" into a Google image search. Can you adjust the sheild to a shape more like that one? and move it up slightly so the bottom of the sheild like the West ham one. and also change the background of the design white? as I think this would look great against the shirt. Thank you very much.

11. CovertPea

Here's the same shape as that other one. I've left the centre blank until you're sure about what you want in it.

Attached Files:

12. sephgreen

sephgreen New Member

I love the shape, I have just remembered we have a village sign with images on! We may be able to use something off there! I'll take somes pictures. How can I display them on here? Have you an email address?

13. CovertPea

You mean this sign?

Attached Files:

14. sephgreen

sephgreen New Member

Yeah that's the one, Not sure what the thing is at the bottom! Looks like some sort of crest/sheild. I will go and take a close up photo of that part today.

Cheers

15. sephgreen

sephgreen New Member

what about a bar along the top of the shield with black and blue stripes then the football and leaves, white on a blue out line, change the banner to white background with black text with blue outline? I hope that makes sense.

16. CovertPea

Tried the white leaves with black or blue outline and it just looks crappy.
    Also not too sure about the bar at the top.
    Anyhow...

Attached Files:

17. sephgreen

sephgreen New Member

I quite like the bar at the top although I think the football needs to be put back on as I feel that the "Weeting" Sign will be very hard to get printed! Really sorry but I think you were right the first time with the banner, I think this does need to be blue. can you also do me an option with full stripes as a few commitee members like this idea. Thank you very much for your time and effort.

18. CovertPea

Hopefully we've got it right this time.
    I've coloured the backgrounds so you can get an idea of what they'll look like on both black and blue shirts.

Attached Files:

19. sephgreen

sephgreen New Member

I think we are almost there, Can you please omit the Est. 2009 part. and would it be possible to put a blue circle behind the football on the first image, to give more contrast between the background and the ball! Also what are your views on the banner, I am sorry to be a pain in the arse but could you then do an option for both with white banners, but can the whole badge have a thin white border if that makes sense?? Then Sir, I am forever in your debt. I have a committee meeting tomorrow night so will have an answer for the 4 designs created.

20. CovertPea

Take a copy of the below image with you. This might give a better idea of what they'll look like on the finished product.
    As for myself, I prefer the 2nd one with maybe a black banner background with a white outline and white text within.
    Any thinner outline than already there and the whole design will be swallowed up by the dark background of your shirts.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.