1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Websites Website Review Request

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by james99, Oct 11, 2009.

1. james99

james99 New Member

I would like to request a quick review of our price comparison website (onewayshopping.com). Your recommendations are highly appreciated.

2. bmcoll3278

bmcoll3278 New Member

3. Myth

Myth New Member

Hmm not bad its an nice site.

4. navyfalcon

navyfalcon Well-Known Member Verified Member

<title>Onewayshopping.com – Price comparison, online shopping, product reviews</title>

Title: Google displays 66 characters including spaces (you have 70 - 4 will be cut off)

<meta name="description" content="Onewayshopping.com. Shop to find the lowest
    price. Compare prices, read product reviews and view store ratings.">

Description: Google displays 150 characters including spaces (you have 110 - you may want to
    add some more to include some keywords

<meta name="keywords" content="comparison shopping, product reviews,
    online shopping, product reviews, store ratings, shopping online">

Keywords - you repeat "product reviews" ???

-

checked some of the other pages - the title & description are for the individual page - Good
    (as per Google guidelines)

-
    I don't know how old the site is but you do have some pagerank (means you have some backlinks)

-

You are Google page one for "onewayshopping"
    haven't checked other keywords for position.

-

I noticed you are using Google Analytics
    Google analytics are good but better when suplemented with other real time analytics

-
    hope this helps
    falcon

5. DavyG

DavyG New Member

cool site :)

its neat and functional and really!!! easy to use... normally these types of sites lose my interest pretty quick however i found yours really interesting....

keep up the good work i think you could go far :eek:

good job ;)

6. mar5h

mar5h New Member

Hi

I found the website clean and simple, I searched for a few items and was easily found. The only suggestion i can make is when i was looking at the comparison of prices i couldnt see anywhere where the postage and packaging cost was. You have price and total price. Is the difference postage and packaging?

Just an idea.

Still it seemed a good site for finding a bargain:)

It also showing how much a rip off the UK is for items:(

Well Done

7. Geoff Tyrer

Geoff Tyrer Member

Hi James99,

The menus that appear when you hover over the links on the left-hand side of the page don't stand out very well. A different background colour or something might be worth trying.
    Geoff Tyrer

8. vareside

vareside New Member

I like the structure and simple design of the website. I really like the filtering options when you search for a product. Well done.

9. Gameswapper

Gameswapper New Member

I liked the site. It was easy to use. I used search and it worked well. My only knock is that there seems to be a lot of "white" on the site. Just my 2 cents. Maybe adding more color would make it look a tad sleeker.

10. wadehutcherson

wadehutcherson New Member

11. ace2011

ace2011 Member

the site design is very nice, no need to say more about that

as online shopper when im looking to buy a product online i like when the eshop includes as much possible info for the product.
    As i cant see the real product or touch it, i want good photos in decent size,
    and full description and specifications.

Also i like when there is a phone number so if i have a questions to be able to get a quick answer

12. simonlarkin

simonlarkin New Member

You put a lot of work in to that. Actually I found it quite a pleasant experience clicking round. A good selection of products and everything linked together nicely.

13. jamie_n_93

jamie_n_93 New Member

I think this site is brilliant and really professional! the colouring is spot on and the way you have seperated the different text and images on the site is genius. I like the fact that you also used filters which are highly handy on a shopping site as you want to filter out all the stuff you do not want to see! Another brilliant addition to your site was a search bar which again is highly handy when shopping as if theres something you cant find you can out all the navigating and just type the product you are looking for in. Great site! well done!

14. gateinnfc

gateinnfc New Member

Hi,

Nice clean crisp site, good colour contrasts & good navigation. Got to agree with an earlier reply, change the background box to a darker a colour on the pop up menus, when you hover on the left hand tabs.

Excellent stuff.

15. gojroberts

gojroberts New Member

Great website! Its functional and really easy to use. Well done!

16. viking knives

viking knives New Member

Very easy to use, colorful, visually pleasing. I think this is a well thought out website. Great job!

17. Scottie

Scottie New Member

I Think This Site Is Very Well Presented !

It Attracts The Viewer Straight Away The Colors Are Very Well Choosen As They Are Not Too Bright But Are Not Dull :)

Just An Idea I Don't Know If It Could Be Possible Or Not But Is There Any Way You Could Preview Some Price Comparisons On The Homepage To Draw The Viewers In To Look For More Comparisons :)

Only A Suggestion I Thought It May Help You ANd Your Website :)

18. Wanderer

Wanderer Member

This is a nice site which is easy to navigate, looks clean and professional, filter's and search bar which help when trying to locate an exact product.

The only thing I did find a little strange with most of the products I searched was, they didnt seem to compare many store prices for the exact same product? With other price compare sites you would usually see atleast 3-4 other prices for 1 exact product?

Other than that the site looks and feels great, well done :)

19. iPlay

iPlay New Member

Very clean and professional look.

20. Justin Hardy

Justin Hardy Member

Hi!!

Apart from looking very similar to other shopping deal sites, it looks and works well.
    Having said that I cant offer what you could do to make it different or less generic.

Sorry.

Good luck though!!