1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Web Design website reading

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by ianstewart, May 27, 2014.

1. ianstewart

ianstewart New Member

Hi everyone, not sure if this is the place to post this but I'm sure one of the mods will let me know. Since I joined and requested a logo I've been having a snoop around the site looking at mostly website template stuff. As a total novice at this though it would be great if someone could post up a link or something for me to start reading up on website design as this will be my next task once I get a logo.

Thanks in advance
    Ian

2. Dawn

Dawn Community Manager

Hi Ian,

I'm moving this thread over to the Web Design forum as I figure this topic might be of interest to others looking to improve their web design skills too :)

Not sure what your level of comfort is with handling website templates, but we do have several good threads dealing with the basics here on our forum. For instance:
    A Basic Primer
    Changing Template Graphics
    Slicing Layout to make graphics for website
    Converting PSD to HTML

You can also try Smashing Magazine for web design tutorials (might be a little more advanced) and W3Schools to pick up some HTML/CSS (always useful). Maybe some of our more experienced members might be able to give better suggestions?

@Janus @ishkey @1970Forest

3. ianstewart

ianstewart New Member

Thanks alot for your reply ill give them a look when I get in from work

Dawn likes this.