1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ready Website for aspiring author

Discussion in 'Downloads' started by dcroe05, Jul 7, 2005.

1. dcroe05

dcroe05 New Member

I am an amateur writer. I'm trying to create a website to help publicize my work, and hopefully get published.

I'm looking for a template or something similar with an archaic feel. I've been looking for antique typewriter graphics or inkwells or something that doesn't feel so high-tech but doesn't look cheap

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DC

2. Mimoun

Mimoun Administrator Staff Member Director Verified Member

Welcome.
    We will try to design a writer's website template for you.

3. dcroe05

dcroe05 New Member

Thank You

Thank you very much. Any help will be much appreciated.

Dale

4. fairdoes

fairdoes Member

try this!

Dale, I'm more into writing than web design, so my template may suit you.

The template is here, and you can see what the result looks like here!.

I can recommend publishing online. Once google ads (or similar) are set up, it costs nothing (or less!). :)

Peter

5. dcroe05

dcroe05 New Member

Thank you

Hi Peter,

Thank you for taking the time to post your template. I think it's a very nice website, however it really doesn't fit the look and feel that I am aiming for. I don't want to seem ungrateful but I would tend to shy away from using a template that someone has used for a website for a similar subject..

Again thank you for your attention, and good luck with your own writing.

Dale

6. fairdoes

fairdoes Member

Yo!

The appearance is easy to alter. The structure of interconnected directories that all work is what i was offering.

Let us know how your writing progresses, especially promotion ... :)

7. dcroe05

dcroe05 New Member

While I wait for the template I've been tinkering around with my 2 websites.

For the one I requested here I've been thinking about something like this template although without the animation (http://www.templatemonster.com/flash-templates/5641.html) or something similar.

I also saw the template you're creating with the turtle on the bottom and I like the clean look of that one. If I can't figure out how to do it on my own, when you get to this one you could do something similar. . .

i.e. a drawing of a desktop with a pad of paper in the middle where the content is displayed.

I know it'll be a while until you get to this one, and that's fine. I'm just brainstorming.

8. Mimoun

Nice brainstorming Dale,
    We will do our best to fulfil your wishes.

9. dcroe05

dcroe05 New Member

Thank you.

I know I've said it on this borad, but maybe not addressed directly to you...

Thank you for this site. I found it while prowling for web templates to try to get my personal site off of the ground. And not only am I grateful to be able to find a place to get quality free templates, but also to get the resources you've posted and the assistance of the others on the board.

10. Mimoun

Here is a screenshot of your template:
    [​IMG]

Do you like it or not?

11. dcroe05

dcroe05 New Member

It looks great. I would have 2 requests, and if I can change them myself then I'll take care of them, but I don't have PSD. Can the picture be smaller? And can the orange be replaced with something else like sepia tone?

Again, if these are just html coding issues I'll take care of it.

Thanks.

12. Mimoun

I have edited the template:
    [​IMG]

Is this the color you wanted? if not show me a screen shot with the right sepia tone color you want. If you don't like the photo you can always replace it with your own photo.

13. dcroe05

dcroe05 New Member

No, that color looks fine. It really wasn't a specific color I wanted, but that orange was a little loud for my tastes. This looks great.

14. fairdoes

fairdoes Member

You're telling me it looks good! Nice work Mimoun.

dcroe05 - When do we get to see the online version?:)

LA unforunately?:confused:

15. dcroe05

dcroe05 New Member

I don't know when it will be up. Once it's ready for download I will start working on it.

And yes...LA Unfortunately. I can't stand this city. I hope in a year to be able to move back to the east coast.

16. Mimoun

The template is ready you can download it now.

17. fairdoes

fairdoes Member

the links are out of date!

I should upgrade to php atleast ...