1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Web Design Want to center thumbnail rows/columns in template section

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by fivegrand, Oct 4, 2007.

1. fivegrand

fivegrand New Member

First of all, what a terrific resource this site is, with the collection of site templates! I'd been pulling my hair out trying to come up with a "pretty" and at the same time FAST loading site, and I found just what I wanted here!

I have quite a bit of HTML experience, some Java and PHP experience, and next to no CSS experience, though in digging around in the CSS for the template and the template page itself, it is logical and makes sense, though I'm still kinda slow at it.

Now on to what I want to do, if it's possible.

Using the Night Club template, and using Dreamweaver MX 2004.

In one of the lower content sections, I want to place thumbnails in a centered row/column arrangement, to fill the entire lower section evenly and with balance.

I haven't figured out how to do this across the entire lower section, as there is a container/divider just off center in the lower section, and I haven't been able to figure out how to get the thumbnails to appear in the proper place. I get the columns and rows either on one side or the other, or the columns go outside the graphical elements that make up the border.

The matter of placing the thumbnails is no biggie in and of itself, but I'm pretty sure that I need to somehow remove or modify the lower section container/divider, and I don't know how to do that.

Thanks for any help you all can give!

2. fivegrand

fivegrand New Member

So this is what I'm looking for in terms of page structure (this is in ImageReady):

[​IMG]

But when I Save Optimized As (with images and HTML, generate CSS) this is what I get (when I open the page in Dreamweaver):

[​IMG]

What's the solution? What am I missing? What am I doing wrong?

3. elegos

elegos New Member

1. you've insered a CENTER tag, right?

so 2. maybe the code is wrong... post it

4. fivegrand

fivegrand New Member

I haven't changed or added any code, in terms of centering. I don't have the slightest idea how to do that in ImageReady.

The centered container outline in the ImageReady screenshot was simply dragged there, then I saved.

Additionally, I don't know why the deleted layers from the PSD are still present in the final document after I save it.

??