1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Legacy USFC - Football crest request

Discussion in 'Archived' started by stluke, May 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stluke

stluke New Member

* Please ignore my previous thread as I didn't see the format I needed to follow until i'd posted *

Hi,
    I have been trying to design our new football teams crest but have struggled so far as I don't have photoshop (and i'm actually rubbish!)

I came across this site and am very impressed with some of the crests you have designed for other teams. They all look really professional and we would like you to help us create one for ourselves if that's ok?
    I look forward to your response.

Kind regards,
    Luke
    Upwey Sports FC

1) What is the exact name you would like in your logo?
    Upwey Sports Football Club or Upwey Sports FC if it looks/fits better.

The new logo will be on the left hand side of our chest on our football shirts.

2) What is your website address (ex: http:/site .com/; Site Name)?
    www.webteams.co.uk/usfc

3) Description of your website or business:
    USFC are a newly formed amateur football club who have been merged together by two local teams playing in the Dorset Football Leagues, Upwey & Broadwey FC and Weymouth Sports FC. We'd really like our new crest to have a 'new/fresh' feel to it to symbolize our new football club.

4) Have you found any logos/designs on the web that you feel convey
    the style you are looking for?
    This logo or similar would be great, perhaps it could just be updated to give it a 'new' feel (bigger, balder, brighter) -
    http://saints.theoffside.com/files/2009/07/sfc-crest-colour.jpg
    Obviously we would lose the halo for starters and also move the football to within the actual crest. Maybe half the scarf in red and half in white rather than stripes (see the link to our kit in Q.13)

5) Requested size of your logo:
    Our new logo will be used on all the players shirts, tracksuits etc and will also be used on letterheads, posters, advertising boards and our website. It will eventually be used on kitbags and footballs aswell.

6) Do you have any images/photos that can be used for the logo? (must be copyright free)
    http://www.stockphotopro.com/photo-thumbs-2/A38NDR.jpg
    http://www.visit-dorset.org.uk/weymouth-dorset.shtml
    http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=weymouth+fishing+boats&view=detail&id=920A9A3C214402623EEF51352D40E5BCBFDDF91F&first=61&FORM=IDFRIR
    We might be having the Fishermen as our nickname but this hasn't been finalised yet. That's why i've got the photo of some fishing boats. I really like this idea even if we don't have that as our nickname because it symbolizes Weymouth. I also like the idea of having an image of the sun, sea and sand or possibly a field/tree(s) as this also symbolizes Upwey and Weymouth.

7) What logo styles do you like (text only, image only, text and image, etc.)?
    Text and image. Obviously we'd like Upwey Sports FC to be with the logo. We would also like 'Est. 2011' to be in our logo, preferably at the bottom.

8) What colors do you want to see in your logo?
    Red, white and black.

9) What colors do you NOT want to see in your logo?
    Preferably not blue although that could be a problem if we have the sea in our logo (Q.11)

10) Describe the target audience for your logo
    Footballers, potential sponsors and supporters.

11) What are the top 3 things you would like to communicate through your logo?
    1. The two previous clubs coming together as one.
    2. USFC being a new/current/fresh football club.
    3. Weymouth, Dorset ie seaside, beach etc.

12) Where will your logo be used (print, website, etc.)?
    Players shirts, training wear, website, letterheads, posters, advertising boards.
    In the near future we will also need the logo on kitbags and footballs.

13) Do you have other info or links you want to share?
    Here is a link to our new kit -
    http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/teamwear/Nike-Teamwear-Football-Shirts-Nike-Harlequin-III-Long-Sleeve-Jersey-Team-Kits-Varsity-RedWhite-18201.aspx

14) Finally we need is there a style font you prefer, please let us know.
    Maybe one of the Times New Roman fonts.

2. stluke

stluke New Member

Hi again,
    Since posting the above earlier, I've been searching the net for football club crests to get a better idea of what I want.

I've come across the MLS website and this is definately the sort of thing we're looking for so please ignore question 4 (or at least some of it.) They all look very new and current which is what we're hoping to get across to people.

I'm going to post some links to the MLS teams crests I like the most. I'm really hoping you could maybe create something similar to these but also with some traditional English items to it aswell ie the scarf from question 4. I also like the idea of a shooting football.

I hope this makes sense. Please contact me if you need me to explain more.
    Thanks in advance,
    Luke

http://www.yotufutbol.com/contenido/escudos/estados%20unidos/houston%20dynamo.png

http://www.footballcrests.com/images/crests/fc-dallas.jpg

http://media.photobucket.com/image/San%20Jose%20Earthquakes%20crest/ColorWerx/MLS/Logos/SanJoseEarthquakes_PRM_2008-9999.png

http://habititus.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/dc-united-logo.jpg

3. 1970Forest

1970Forest Moderator Staff Member

Hi stluke

I was playing with this (and yes I know not totally to what you wanted) but looked good so thought I would get ball rolling

upwey.png l2.png

4. stluke

stluke New Member

Wow! That's a great start 1970Forest! It's definately the sort of crest we're after.

I love the half red, half white throughout the main part of the crest. The ball at the bottom is good aswell but I'm thinking it might look better as a star. Or maybe even both???
    I'm undecided on the anchor. It's a great idea and not something I'd thought of but it certainly fits in with what we're trying to achieve

I know you said you'd just played around with it but I cannot begin to tell you how impressed I am with it already!
    In the initial form I asked for a basic font like Times New Roman. I'm now feeling it should be a bit fancier as it would suit this style of crest much more.
    What do you think?

I see you're a Forest fan. Do you go to many games? Can you remember playing Weymouth in 1st round of the FA Cup a few years back? We took most of Weymouth for that game and sneaked a 1-1 draw but lost the replay in front of the Sky cameras. I remember your fans gave our fans a standing ovation cos of the noise we mate throughout the game! Great day...... and night (so I was told!) ha ha

Anyway, thanks for starting on our crest. I'll show some of the lads and get some feedback then be in touch.

Thanks again bud.
    Luke

5. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

I kinda like it. Really blends with the kit and the black trim makes it noticeable. It's sharp and fresh just maybe a different font.

6. stluke

stluke New Member

Hi guys,
    I've got some feedback off the lads and they all love it so far.

Would it be possible to have the anchor lowered so the bottom of the anchor is the bottom part of the crest? I think this would look really good. Obviously that would mean having the club name higher up or maybe even right at the top.

Also, could you put 'est. 2011' somewhere? Not sure where it would look best but I'll leave that in your very capable, creative hands.

Thanks again,
    Luke

7. 1970Forest

Something like this?

upwey.png

8. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

I think you are hiding the top of the shield to much - can not see the top of the shape transition.

9. 1970Forest

Just had a cracking idea, will post it up in few hrs.......oooohhhh the waiting

10. 1970Forest

The idea I just could not incorperate (the eye of the anchor as 'O' in sport) but changed it a bit more to this....Thoughts?

Upwey.FC.....1970Forest.png

11. stluke

stluke New Member

Hi lads, sorry I've taken so long replying but i've only just started to feel normal again after a friends wedding on Saturday! Three day hangovers are not great! ha ha

I really like both types so far but I prefer the second one, especially how the 'Upwey Sports' is now looking more professional. I prefer the red and white halves to be fluent straight through the middle of the crest though, as it is in the first one. The font on the second one is far better so could you keep that please but maybe put the 'FC' straight after 'Upwey Sports' as I think this might look a bit better aswell.

Thanks again for this chaps, it's much appreciated :)

12. stluke

stluke New Member

Hello again,
    I come with bad news i'm afraid. The Chairman of the club we were going to merge with has unexpectantly pulled the plug on the merger right at the very last minute! This could've been devastating news for us as it meant there was a good chance we could fold. However, i've rallied round the troops and we've got our heads together to work out how we can move forward and we've had a helping hand financially which means we can pay our league/cup entrance fees, affilliation etc.

I can only apologise for the work you've put in to designing our new crest so far but would like to carry on with it anyway, if that's ok with you guys of course?

We wouldn't have to change much at all. The main thing is getting rid of the red within the crest and replacing it with black so we can have half white and half black. I believe a 'two colour' crest will look a lot better to be honest, although I don't mind if the text bar is in red.
    I'd like to keep the crests style aswell cos it's brilliant.
    I'm not 100% sure on the anchor now that the merger isn't going ahead but can we keep it for now please?
    Oh and the name will now be Upwey & Broadwey FC.

I know you guys are really busy so i'll leave it with you for now and hopefully speak soon.

Sorry again, hope this hasn't wasted too much of your time.
    Kind regards,
    Luke :)

13. 1970Forest

Thanks for the update, I will see what I can do

14. 1970Forest

Something like this??

upwey.jpg

15. stluke

stluke New Member

Hello again mate,
    It's definately getting there!

I'm still not convinced on the anchor though, could you replace it with a small star please? Could you attach one crest with a red star and one with a yellow? Possibly right at the bottom of the crest.

The 'est.2011' doesn't need to be there now the merger has fell through so don't worry about that.

Also, could you please remove the scratch affect above the 'R' and 'O'?

The font looks great but could we try the whole bar in red and have the letters coloured white with a black outline.

I'm hoping it should be just about perfect after that.

I thank you once again for your time and efforts mate. Keep up the good work!

16. stluke

stluke New Member

One last thing, please could you also put a black outline around the whole crest? Not so it replaces the current red one but so there's two outlines.

Hope that's ok?

17. 1970Forest

Gave this 1 last try

upwey.jpg

18. stluke

stluke New Member

Wow! That's perfect 1970Forest and I'm sure the lads will love it.

I'm genuinely really grateful for this mate. Thanks for sorting the crest out in a such a short time, I appreciate you having a day job and also paying customers that needed help first.

How do I go about using it now?

I'd be happy to make a small donation to yourself or your chosen charity if you want?

I'll post some photos of your work once it's been printed on to our kit.

I look forward to your reply,

Luke Tomlin
    UBFC

19. 1970Forest

I will zip it up and send it to your registered e-mail, there will be 3 files a jpeg (like yo see now but without my watermark) a png and a vector (please note that you will not be able to open this file unless you have a programme that can run it, this is for the printers)

feel free to use my donate button but that's down to you

20. stluke

stluke New Member

Hi 1970Forest,
    I've received and downloaded the zipped file. However, the only file that was attached was the PNG. There wasn't a JPEG or Vector as you said. I tried converting the file to JPEG so I could add it to our website but when I did the crest came out like out like this Upwey + Broadwey FC | Home Page

Do you or anyone else have any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance,
    Luke

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.