1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

General Uploaded Template did not change

Discussion in 'General' started by mt303, Mar 15, 2008.

1. mt303

mt303 New Member

I used the Architecture template. When I uploaded my edited new pages on my server, all that came up was the Architecture template and none of my new pages. Any help would be great!

2. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

post your link so we look at it

3. mt303

mt303 New Member

4. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

First of all you did not finish editing your pages. HTML isn't all that hard to learn since you have a premade template. Look at the lines of code, reference to w3schools.com to understand it. You will pick it up fast.

Here is your site, it's name and it's location or address on the web
    http://www.northstarsportsendeavors.com/
    This is where people look to find your pages, but your code is still using the example, pointing to they wrong place. It's like standing in front of your house with a friend and pointing to a house across the street, and saying I use to live there, try to find me.

(YOUR OLD HOUSE)
    <div id="wrapper">
    <h1>Architecture</h1>
    <div id="nav">
    <a href="http://www.freewebsitetemplates.com"About Us</a>

(YOUR NEW HOUSE)
    If you named your page about.html then the link should be
    <a href="about.html"About Us</a>

All your pages follow the same format.
    All your images should be in the "images" directory, as that is where the code is pointing to.

Look at all the code in the template and say to yourself what does this code do, how does it display things, where does it point to. After all you are to one who is coding the page. It is like writting instructions on how to do something the same way each and every time. If you want people to come to your house, then you better give them the right instructions.

All the templates examples point to FWT to show the code, how nice of Mimoun to do this for free, how generous of him.
    Fix these areas and you will be ok.