1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphics Understanding CSS

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by Kayem, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Kayem

Kayem New Member

Hi,

I have downloaded My Family Template and could not find some of the images with Notepad but from reading some of the comments in this forum looked at the CSS file and of course found the two images I was looking for. Unfortunately still don't know how to delete the image so I can insert one of my own. CSS file reads:
    #Family{
    Position: absolute
    Background:url(images/my family.jpg)no-repeat; and the rest.

Can someone please help me solve this problem.

Thank you.

2. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

Which images (name.jpg) are you trying to change?

3. CovertPea

Checked out the template...

Okay. You want to alter the family group photo to include your own family?

Looking in the image folder, you'll see that the 'gold' frame with family inside is actually made up of 2 images. 1. myfamily.jpg and 2. header.jpg
    These are the 2 jpgs you need to alter in a graphics editor.

If you need a hand altering the graphics, post your pic here and someone will help you out.

CP

4. Kayem

Kayem New Member

Thanks CP for your very prompt reply. I am attaching our family photo and sincerely hope someone can help me further. This is a first for me so hope the picture comes through. Once again many thanks.:)

5. CovertPea

Below are the 2 image files.
    Right click and save them under the same names as those 2 images in your image folder.

Attached Files:

6. Kayem

Kayem New Member

Hi CP,

I cannot thank you enough, my friends and family will be very proud of me, but wil definitely let them know I had help from you. When you are not busy could you please tell me the program you used to re-arrange the photo? Once again many thanks.

7. CovertPea

You're most welcome! :)
    The program I use is Photoshop CS2. You can get the same results by using "The Gimp" which is a free program.

Let us know when your family website is up and running so we can check it out!

Cheers
    CP

8. Kayem

Kayem New Member

Thanks, I have Photoshop CS3, so will experiment (very new at this as well). Hopefully I will get this up and running and will let you know (could be a while). Will also update my profile, have just noticed you are in Brisbane, I live in Adelaide.

Cheers
    Kayem