1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Web Design Travel Template no 27 wider content box?

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by bentisdall, Nov 24, 2009.

1. bentisdall

bentisdall New Member

I'm using the Travel Template to create a booking site for a holiday home. I want to use widgets on a couple of pages. The problem is the content box is too narrow for the booking form widget I want to use. I want to create a 2nd style sheet or a page with an inline style sheet that has a content box across the width of the page just below the nav bar & cannot for the life of me work out how to do it.

2. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

You didn't say what size width the widget requires.
    Template #27 was designed for a screen resolution of 800 x 600
    36% of users are using 1024 x 768 and 57% Higher yet.
    If you look at the code in the index.html you will find
    <body>
    <div id="body_wrapper">

Then go look in the style.css file to find "body_wrapper" it is set for width: 777px;.
    Now if you set it for width: 996px; you would end up with what I have shown below.
    From here all you would have to do is go back and look at the index.html code for all the occurrences where the red dots show in the graphic and adjust the values in the style.css file until you achieve what you want.
    - or -
    You could create a new <division> with the width and elements that you require and just play around with it's placement in the "html" file. While leaving out others. You may find for the second page creating several new <divisions> are required. Just remember the css file contains all the styling and elements while the html mainly calls up those styles.

Attached Files:

• t26.jpg
      t26.jpg
      File size:
      39.9 KB
      Views: