1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphics Title and logo help urgently needed!

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by ttimmy2005, Jul 14, 2011.

1. ttimmy2005

ttimmy2005 New Member

Hi guys

i have downloaded a template and am trying to change some aspects of it. I have looked at the code, and see how it works. Looking in the images folder, i see all the of images needed to display the site. I am now pulling my hair out with sheer frustration! I open the .psd file in photoshop and change the company name, but I cant cut the section i want out and replace the original "logo.jpg". The problem i am facing is that there are just too many layers to contend with! even once i worked out which layers to hide (so i would be left with just the logo area), all layers are completely different sizes! Coud someone please reply to this with a SIMPLE guide to sort this out? I want to keep the new logo the exact same size as the original, with the same background. It is only the text that i wish to change. I can make the changes in photoshop, thats not the problem, its then cutting the section i want out.

Why cant these ever be simple? a .psd for the logo only, a .psd for each button etc etc.

Below is a screenshot so you can see what template i am trying to work with.

[​IMG]

2. tomw

tomw Member

I don't think you need individual psd file for each image since all the images for the template are already available for you to modify if needed. For example, to change the logo you simply edit logo.jpg using an imaging program.

3. ttimmy2005

ttimmy2005 New Member

Thank you for getting back to me. I have adobe photoshop CS5 that i use to edit images. The trouble is, i cannot edit the text in the logo.jpg image, this has to be done (i believe) through the .psd file as there is a seperate layer for the text.

I do not want to change the background of the logo.jpg, i only wish to change the text. I can change the text in photoshop in the .psd file, but cannot then save just the section of it that i want, due to the way the layers are.

4. tomw

tomw Member

My knowledge of graphics is very limited so I can't offer you further help. There are number of top notch designers here I'm sure they can help you out but please be patient as they might be busy.

5. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

I made a set of 'blanks' for this template quite a while back.
    Perhaps they will be useful to you.

CP

Attached Files:

6. ttimmy2005

ttimmy2005 New Member

Thank you so very much. You have saved the day. Will have alot of fun getting this up and running now.

Thanks again

Tim