1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Web Design Text from Photoshop into Dreamweaver

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by jay0, Feb 2, 2008.

1. jay0

jay0 New Member

Hi I have designed my site using photoshop as i am not that use to dreamweaver. everything is fine except when I save for web from photoshop it saves text as a jpeg and I cant edit text in dreamweaver. I will need to make changes to the text and this will be a nightmare. I must be missing something as surely you can edit the text in dreamweaver (copy and paste). I tried adding the text in dreamweaver but the site goes out of line. How do you guys usually do it.

2. Dizzie92

Dizzie92 New Member

Photoshop is just for images. So any text you put in using photoshop, it WILL save it as an image. What you have to do is "splice" your template up in photoshop, then arange the pieces back together in dreamweaver. Some basic CSS and HTML will probably be reuired. Try www.w3schools.com , its very helpful.

3. el_tenedor

el_tenedor New Member

Yes, w3schools.com or any other tutorial resource. Or just try google search for "psd to html tutorial".
    That should help.