1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

CSS Text-fit problem with navigational buttons [Fire Rescue Template]

Discussion in 'Web Development' started by Theset, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Theset

Theset New Member

Hi there,

I've been building a site based on the Fire Rescue template, in which I've customised the navigational buttons along the top - adding in additional ones at the top.

Now my question is, although everything is looking perfect on my machine - having used browsershots.org to see how the page looks to others on various browsers, the text overshoots the width of the page and causes the buttons to continue underneath on a seperate row.

Examples:

[​IMG]

or with word-wrap:
    [​IMG]

I have tried using word-wrap so that the buttons to not continue into a second row, but this doesn't seem to have worked - mainly because the word-wrap function doesn't work with all browsers (I believe).

The font being used is Eurostile and it seems that those that don't have the font on their machine is a large part of the problem, as its the replacement font which isn't fitting within the margins. I have therefore tried setting a suitable secondary font, however it doesn't look desirable under the same font size as my primary choice. Is it possible to set a conditional secondary font with a differing font size? What I'm saying here could be irrelevant so any help would be much appreciated, the solution may be simpler than I think.

Many thanks.