1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

term of use

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by wizkid, Nov 1, 2005.

1. wizkid

wizkid New Member

To
    the cool people at
    www.freewebsitetemplates.com, I am a new member and would like to use the templates.
    I am VERY careful about terms and conditions (some would say to careful!) as I was reading the terms I noticed they say:
    1) That the templates may not be use for individuals that engage in illegal activities
    1. That you must hold free templates free from clams and stuff (or something like that!)
    Just to make me fell better, could you possible charge the term ever slightly
    1. Illegal activities- could this just be limited to the prohibiting use of the template for illegal activities. Not if an individual commits illegal acts (I am not committing illegal act but, as a protester at some time it may be needed). Its fair to says what your template can be used for but, would it be possible not to just keep it to the template, not on a individual level.
    2. This one I think is just a mistake, could just add to it in the use of the template otherwise it sound like you agree to held
    1. www.freewebsitetemplates.com, free from claim by anyone even if the claim is unrelated.
    Sorry to be, such a silly pain but, I am very fair and don’t like to brake term and conditions!

2. Connor

Connor Moderator / Programmer

WizKid

It does pretty much state what you are saying : (By the way that paragraph states the following)

FreeWebsiteTemplates.com does not allow you to use the templates for websites or individuals that participate in warez, hacking, cracking, malicious computer crime or fraud, or any other material or activity that is illegal.

3. xX ReK L3sS Xx

xX ReK L3sS Xx New Member

iight man peace

4. wizkid

wizkid New Member

could it be changed

hi

Is there anyway this could be changed!

:D

5. Mimoun

Mimoun Administrator Staff Member Director Verified Member

Sorry I don't really get the point, if you had the option to change it what would you exactly change.
    Rewrite the terms of use in the way you want it to be and I will see if that's possible or not.

6. wizkid

wizkid New Member

Could this be chaged to this:

FreeWebsiteTemplates.com does not allow you to use the templates for websites that participate in warez, hacking, cracking, malicious computer crime or fraud, or any other material or activity that is illegal.

could this be changed to this:

In order to use any of our materials, you must agree to indemnify and hold harmless Freewebsitetemplates.com, and its affiliates, against any and all claims, liability, losses, costs and expenses (including lawyers' fees on a solicitor and client basis) in relation to your use of the materials from this site.

And lastly could you add:
    The terms only apply if law permits, any term that is not legal does not apply.

anyway, sorry for being a pain but, I like to be safe with any terms I
    Agree to!

Thankyou for your time, you have a very cool site!:)

wizkid

7. wizkid

wizkid New Member

terms of use

so what do you think!:confused: :confused:

8. Connor

Connor Moderator / Programmer

Wizkid

There's no point. You just need to agree to the Terms - besides, why would the court hold FreeWebsiteTemplates responsible for anything going on on that site? F.W.T. only supplies the templates, we do not control content or website use - exept that we do not let users using hacking sites and other free download pages to use these layouts. There's just no reason whatso ever really to change it. Maybe if you gave Mimoun some more reason then he might change it but I don't know why he would anyways and I don't think you'll find anymore reason. Sorry if this sounds discouraging in anyway or makes you think that I am rude, but I am not and I am really only trying to state facts and other common sense.

Also, I don't think that any country or anyplace would not support copyright laws. Besides I do not think that FWT even cares if the country or whatever supports them but ANYONE that uses templates on this site without paying for copyright removal WILL BE REQUIRED to keep the copyright mark on the website.

Connor

P.S.: Please not "iight man peace"'s anymore, I'm just trying to make a point.

9. wizkid

wizkid New Member

that not the point!

that not the point all I am saying is the term are made fair as it stands they tell you how to live your life (don't brack the law) Its fair to say don't use the templates to brack the law but, is it fair to say all user must not brack the law!

Also its seems the you can be held responsible for everything even if its not connected to you!

Making the terms of use clearer would probably help if it came to enforcing them! :)