1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Awaiting Reply Template for a Carrot Museum

Discussion in 'Free Website Templates' started by carrotmuseum, Oct 13, 2007.

Tags:
  1. carrotmuseum

carrotmuseum New Member Verified Member

Need inspiration to make the Carrot Museum look good.

www.carrotmuseum.co.uk

I like SKI Business COmpany and SOftware cOmpany

These sites look good:

http://www.nvsuk.org.uk/index.php
    http://www.nvsuk.org.uk/index.php
    http://whatscookingamerica.net/

No web sites really like mine.
    Majority of photos belong to me.
    I like the yellow/orange theme but nothing too brash

This template I do like (but do not know how to use it!)

http://website.lineone.net/~john.stolarczyk/index1.html

Hope you can help

John

Roxsan likes this.
  2. Dawn

Dawn Community Manager

Hi John,

Thank you for your request.

Previously, your template request had to be put on hold due to insufficient resources; we are now pleased to announce that the template request forum has recently been relaunched.

In appreciation of your patience and loyalty all these years, we would like to invite you to be among the first to have your customized template produced.

If you would still like for this same template request to be processed, please reply to this thread within 30 days of this post and we will begin working on it with you as soon as possible.

Please note that any request to accept this offer after the above stipulated period will not be entertained.

I look forward to seeing you on FWT again! :)

3. carrotmuseum

Yes please. Currently it is here - www.carrotmuseum.co.uk

Needs modernising. It is a huge site but based on 7 main sections, all with many sub pages.

Inspire me!

4. Dawn

Dawn Community Manager

Great to hear from you! I'll need a little more information from you to complete your request, though.
    1. Describe the structure of your website (e.g. I would like a header image of a carrot above a navigation bar for 5 pages—Home, Shop, About Us, Contact, Forum). Basically the type/purpose of the pages you'd like included in the design.
    2. List the URLs of 3 template designs on Free Website Templates that you like & explain why (e.g. https://freewebsitetemplates.com/preview/lawfirm/). This will help us gain a better understanding of the style of template you'd find suitable. Perhaps our templates can provide you with some inspiration as well?
    Do post your answers back here so we can proceed with your request. Thanks!

P.S. Didn't know you could make musical instruments out of carrots and other vegetables! That's pretty amazing! :D

enrique likes this.
  5. carrotmuseum

Oh the whole site is quite an education AND it is huge - some 120 pages!
    I like the way this site looks and works (surprise-surprise!) - http://britishcarrots.co.uk/
    Yes an image showing the main carrot colours above (or below) a navigation bar of the main sections (see below).
    The structure of the site is:
    1. a front landing page which introduces the main sections of the site:
    History - Wild - Cultivation - Nutrition - Recipes/cooking - Trivia
    2. Each of those introductory pages has many pages "behind it" going into more depth about those individual sections
    So for instance History then goes on to several time periods - see http://www.carrotmuseum.co.uk/history.html
    So I would like a nice, unique, front page style then every landing page in a different style from that front page but otherwise the same as each other. .OR a simple page which can be used throughout the site.
    I would also like a site search and the usual links (perhaps at the foot) a contact us page and a links page. The site also operates a Twitter feed.
    Some of your template sites I like: Garden Walkthrough Organic Gardening, Organic Food
    I like the "boxy" layouts" which seem to reflect my current front page. I like people to be able to see at a glance what they are looking for and go to it directly (as possible)
    Does all that make sense?

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2014
  6. Dawn

Dawn Community Manager

I've edited your post to include the links of the templates you mention you like - let me know if they are correct?

Otherwise everything else seems to be in order. Do watch this thread so you know when your template joins the queue. Thanks! :)

7. Mimoun

Mimoun Administrator Staff Member Director Verified Member

Congratulations! Your template request has been successfully added to the template production queue.

While your request is now in the queue, this post does not guarantee the completion of your request.

In order to better understand the needs of your template request, the FWT team may post you enquiries on this thread from time to time. Should your reply be later than 7 days of our question, we regret that your template request will lose its place in the queue.

As such, please watch this thread and set your preferences to receive e-mail notifications. This way, you will be notified immediately when any of our staff members posts an enquiry.

We will do our best to post the ETA of your template ASAP, and we look forward to working together with you to create a template that best suits your needs!

8. Mimoun

Your website template request has been moved to the design process.

9. Mimoun

Here is a first mock up of the homepage designed by @Hazel
    Give us your feedback on this design.
    2016-07-CarrotMuseum-1.png

Techdesign likes this.
  10. carrotmuseum

Hi

Love it! Only one dislike - the black & white background image behind "Discover the Power"

What would the linked pages look like?

Where do I go from here?

John

11. Mimoun

John what would you like to replace the header image with?
    Just remove or a colored photo?
    Linked pages is the second phase, first we make a homepage you like then go to the step of designing the inner pages based on the homepage design.
    Also this is just a picture mock up, we still need to do HTML5 and CSS coding in a 3rd phase.

12. carrotmuseum

Hi Mimoun

A coloured photo please. I have plenty if you are struggling to find one. I always try and emphasise the various colours of carrots throughout the ages so if you can incorporate the attached image (or part of it) that would be great. I have larger version if required.

Can I just say, this is FANTASTIC, very much appreciated.

My website sort of stuck in the 90's and I am not really knowledgeable of "modern" web design or mark up language etc, so be gentle with me if I do not understand some terminology and "new" html or CSS.

Cheers

John

Attached Files:

Mimoun likes this.
  13. Mimoun

That's a great picture. Did you take the photo yourself? If not do you own the copyright to it?

14. carrotmuseum