1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Legacy Some help, please :)

Discussion in 'Archived' started by cynthiajwang, Aug 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cynthiajwang

cynthiajwang VIP Member

My cousin wants me to help him with a logo, and I've got the basics down, but he wants the L and the image "blended" together and he wants the image more "fluid"...

here are his exact words:

"Could you merge the two?
    Like not have the line
    that separates the L
    from the design?
    And can you make the atom more... fluid?
    Make it look more like its hand drawn?"

So yeah. Here's the image itself. And here's the psd file.

The reason why I'm asking for help is because I'm so tired, and I simply don't have the energy to go any further at the moment. And I'm out all day tomorrow, working. Thursday too. And the weekend.

Thanks, guys :)

Attached Files:

2. GG

GG Active Member

Hey,

Not sure exactly how he wants the design to be 'handdrawn' and in what kind of way but I done it to what I think that meant.And also with this because of the way the design it there is no way that it can be blended in together without making it look like it's been handwritten too because if it was solid colours then it just wouldn't go with the handdrawn design...If you get me...I've shown 2 images below anyway so you'll get what I mean.

But here it is anyway...

lattice-(FORUM).jpg
    (Not real size, had to downsize due to forum rules)

Lattice-2.jpg

Let me know if any of them are ok (or not :p)

3. cynthiajwang

cynthiajwang VIP Member

Alright, just talked to my cousin. He wants the black border on the letters out (which I can do), and he's given me an example for the "hand-drawn-ness" part (which I don't know if I can do):

http://www.fremantlemedia.com/images/global/logo.png

Except, of course, not quite that because that's copyrighted...

Sorry that I'm bothering you guys for help on this project...I'm just completely busy now -- I was out of the house all day yesterday, and I just got back...and I'm about to go out again and I won't be back until late tonight... Thanks <3

4. GG

GG Active Member

ooo honestly in my opinion having it 'hand-drawn' like that will just look horrible. I don't know how that company actually accepted that logo it's not what you'd want on a logo and they'll have a lot of problems with that when trying to make their letterheads, biz card etc look 'smart & proffessional'

Removing the black border is good as I tried that and it did look much better however, I think giving it the 'hand-drawn' effect is the best I could do with the above images.

5. cynthiajwang

cynthiajwang VIP Member

Oh. Not a professional company.

Just a lgbt summer science camp.

6. cynthiajwang

cynthiajwang VIP Member

They just want the logo for their website/blog and for shirts...

7. GG

GG Active Member

No not talking about your cousins i'm talking about the example company that you give :p

I'll give it a go anyway and see what I can do but might take a while as i've got a few people outside the forum to do logos for bt if I get time i'll work on it and see what I can do.

8. cynthiajwang

cynthiajwang VIP Member

Haha kay, thanks.

9. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

Those college party animals....
    Here's my shot at it. In my mind the lattice neutrons and protons seem to be moving, except the core popped out.

Attached Files:

• lat.png
      lat.png
      File size:
      137.9 KB
      Views:
  10. cynthiajwang

cynthiajwang VIP Member

LOL. I was out babysitting. All day Wednesday and all day yesterday pretty much.

11. cynthiajwang

cynthiajwang VIP Member

Anyway, I showed my cousin your design, Ishkey, and he says that he prefers the original...just wants the "hand-drawn-ness" of the graphic...I'm going to give a go now that I have CS5 :)D), but we shall see how I do with something other than font ;p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.