1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Websites Snackerrific.com Feedback

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by caitlink, Nov 13, 2008.

1. caitlink

caitlink New Member

Hi all!

I was wondering if I could get some feedback on my site, http://snackerrific.com. I don't have a lot of resources, but I'd like to make it look as nice as possible. Do you have suggestions for colors, or anything else? I appreciate any input you might have. Thanks!

2. smfdadmin

smfdadmin New Member

I think it might just be my computer...but the banner/image above the navigation at the top screen doesn't load when I view the site.

3. caitlink

caitlink New Member

Extremely good to know! May I ask if you're using IE or Firefox? Thanks!

4. caitlink

caitlink New Member

We've fixed the code that prevented the banner from being seen in IE. It seems smaller in IE than Firefox - does anyone know why? Any suggestions for color changes? Thanks again for any input!

5. navyfalcon

navyfalcon Well-Known Member Verified Member

-
    Yes, it is the way they describe the box in css
    you need a work around
    I used this - modify for your needs:
    <!--[if IE lt 8]>
    .lecol width="39.0%"
    .mdcol width="39.0%"
    .rcol width="19.0%"
    <![endif]-->
    -
    description
    if Internet Exployer (if IE) less than (lt) 8 then
    - I changed widths but you can change widths and whatever else it needs
    -
    hope this helps
    falcon

6. caitlink

caitlink New Member

Ok, hopefully you all haven't gotten tired of me! I'm trying to figure out how to make the banner and background image I have on Snackerrific look right in different resolutions. Is there a workaround for this? Right now it's too long on 1024x768 or whatever it is and the background image apparently doesn't show up. Again, I appreciate your help!

7. navyfalcon

navyfalcon Well-Known Member Verified Member

My error
    the work around is:
    <!--[if lt IE 8]>
    <style type="text/css">
    .lecol {width:39.0%;}
    .mdcol {width:39.0%;}
    .rcol {width:19.0%;}
    </style>
    <![endif]-->
    sorry - forgot style
    -
    you have 31 validation warnings that can be corrected automatically with HTML Tidy
    http://infohound.net/tidy/
    -
    You may want to shorten the top banner (less on height)
    -
    you should get some compression on your photos - it will speed up the load time
    -
    hope this helps
    falcon

8. emilypal

emilypal New Member

Of course the header could be smaller but the main idea is nice. It's nice to see tasty photos as I scroll down )))

9. tzoki

tzoki New Member

nice look and a good work in a wordpress theme ...hope your visitors will get the taste:> ^_^