1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

PHP Search Engine Script

Discussion in 'Web Development' started by vareside, May 23, 2008.

1. vareside

vareside New Member

Hi folks,
    I need a search engine script with a possibility to embed images, video players, audio players, with the opportunity for users to submit more urls and an administration menu for me to accept or deny submittions and to add / edit urls by myself. But please without any copyright notices, if it's possible.

Kind regards,
    Max

PS: I need it very very fast. And: A template isn't necessary.

2. dvduval

dvduval New Member

phpLD will allow you to cut and paste any html into articles, as well as allow for user submissions.

3. vareside

vareside New Member

It has to be for free. Like by someone who knows PHP really and has fun doing that.

4. pezboy45

pezboy45 Mod/Design & Coder [Pro]

5. vareside

vareside New Member

No

No sorry, Pezboy. But I found nothing like that I wanted on Hotscripts.com. Is there any PHP professional on this forum who can create such a script for me?

Here is what I want again in short:
    - a search engine
    - with an automatic crawler
    - an administration area
    - a submittion form
    - without design elements
    - with language files (containing languages the engine should appear in)

Please! Anyone out there, helping me or someone who found something like that? Please!

Kind regards,
    Max

6. dvduval

dvduval New Member

The automatic crawler is going to be the difficult part. You'll have a database of hundreds of thousands of records in no time, and you'll probably need multiple dedicated servers to really make is work well. This is not a low budget project, and will involve several thousand dollars to get up and running (and do a decent job).

7. prijikn

prijikn Banned

PHP is an open-source server-side scripting language.It's widely supported language.It's the best general purpose web language.

8. dvduval

dvduval New Member

So that is what is powering half the internet! :eek::D