1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Websites Review please

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by sunnee, Sep 5, 2008.

1. sunnee

sunnee New Member

2. emilypal

emilypal New Member

I think you should add About Us button to your main navigation menu. You do a great job, don’t be shy to tell about it!

3. sunnee

sunnee New Member

Thanks!

I agree with you...we have a blog that tells, but a button would be much easier and quicker for guests and members.

Thanks for your idea!
    :)

4. sunnee

sunnee New Member

Does anyone think I need a new banner? I am not sure I am happy with mine. Also, it my site slow to load? Is the music too much???

Please help, just trying so hard to improve, thanks!

sunnee~

5. pezboy45

pezboy45 Mod/Design & Coder [Pro]

I've got a problem with just one thing.
    And its with your "menu bar" at the top.
    I don't like how its white around the edges...I feel like it doesn't match the rest of the site.

6. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

You've got some weird double page thing going on there.
    Here's some fixed buttons for you too.

7. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

continued:
    (got a max of 5 file uploads per post)

8. pezboy45

pezboy45 Mod/Design & Coder [Pro]

Good job CP!
    You always pull through!

9. sunnee

sunnee New Member

oh, these are so nice, I will take them

thanks,
    sunnee~

10. sunnee

sunnee New Member

I want to make money, should I change my site name? Please help... your opinion matters!

11. navyfalcon

navyfalcon Well-Known Member Verified Member

First - to make money with Google ads, they have a lot of help with support pages. How and where to place ads. Text ads seem to be the most profitable. Placement is important, color also. Be aware of add blindness.
    Also slow loading pages are a put off. There are several ways to speed up your loading. Compression of pictures and images (the new JPG for pictures and GIF for images).
    -
    AdSense Help
    -
    JPEG Format - About JPEG and JPEG 2000 File Formats - jpg jp2
    -
    hope this helps
    falcon

12. navyfalcon

13. stephneenee

stephneenee New Member

When I checked it out it was all pretty compact until I got down to the ebay ad and then things were spread WAY out. Like I scrolled down about a quarter page before I saw the Digg and/or Twitter buttons.

Not sure if this is what you intended or not but that was how it came up on my screen...seemed like alot of empty space!

Hope that helps

14. stephneenee

stephneenee New Member

By the way, I love the background with the orange and the leaves!

15. navyfalcon

To make money with a web page is work. Do not believe those ads that say just put up a web page and watch the money roll in.
    1st - You need to look at similar sites like yours (free stuff) and look at their page layout (mostly look at where they place their ads and what kind of ads) check several and determine what you think will do best for your site (you may need to change it a little, but remember the goal).
    2nd - research the ads and try to figure out their value for your site (are they appropriate)
    3rd - try for evaluation from users, what help does the ad. co. give
    4th - try some and track the results (I use analytics and track weekly)
    5th - improve the ones that make money for you - get rid of the ones that don't make money.
    6th - when you compare sites, try to compare similar sites (my site is an educational site, yours is a free stuff - not a good comparison as they appeal to different people).
    Any questions, I will try and help.
    By the way, position on search engines is important. It seems that the value of the ad is more valuable the closer you are to page 1 position 1, at least that is my experience. I check this on my site by the number of hits on the ad and the amount I earn.
    -
    hope this helps
    falcon

16. coralfc

coralfc New Member

Awsome

website looks great just feel the background could do with beig slightly dark to attract youreyes away from it.
    Cheers Tony

17. navyfalcon

No "tastefully" placed Google ads.
    You should place the ads (text ads preferred) carefully with the same color background as the site background. The text ads are least annoying. Alternate the colors to prevent add blindness (the colors should be the same but the shade slightly different). You can block certain ads or prefer certain ads. Experiment. Ask for advice.
    -
    hope this helps
    falcon

18. navyfalcon

On flooring samples, you should have a flooring 'affiliate' and write an article about flooring waxes and preservatives. The information you can get from manufactures of flooring and waxes. Careful SEO of the article will help and put it up on ezines with a signature (your website address), this will help with traffic and conversions ($$$). Also free samples of floor waxes with choice of floor type-
    hope this helps
    falcon

19. navyfalcon

Look at other similar sites and use them as an example
    Don't forget to check their source code (title and description, plus what keywords they use)
    This is Google page 1 position 1 thru 4 for "free stuff"
    -
    Free Stuff, Free Samples and Freebies | FreeStuff.com

The best free stuff, free samples, freebies, deals, and coupons. Updated daily, so there's always something fresh.
    www.[B]freestuff.com

[/B]Totally Free Stuff

TotallyFreeStuff.com is the largest directory of freebies online. Our freebie list includes free posters, software, t-shirts, mouse pads, clothing, hats, food samples ...
    www.[B]totallyfreestuff.com

[/B]FREE STUFF

You will find kids free stuff, beauty product free stuff and health & fitness free stuff, clothes free stuff, food free stuff
    yesall4free.com

TheFreeSite.com offers free stuff, freebies, freeware ...

TheFreeSite.com offers freebies and freeware. We offer free stuff including free samples, fonts, games, graphics, mobile phone downloads, anonymous browsing services ...
    thefreesite.com
    -
    hope this helps
    falcon

20. coralfc

coralfc New Member

Hi Sunnee

My advice is if you change the name of your site make it shorter so it will be easier for people to remember. You need something unusual but not too strange. Hope this helps other than that the page is excellent.