1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Websites Review my site please

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by pusscat, Oct 26, 2009.

1. pusscat

pusscat New Member

Well after the days of sorting code (thank you Ishkey) am going to put my site up for review.

Its my own personal website for my art etc that I do in bryce and my tubes I do in daz3ds plus art. Also my paintshop pro tutorials.

Am still writing tutorials so more will come online soon, The forum is also very new only being installed a couple of days ago so still being sorted.

TUTZ 2 TAGZ - Art Work, Paintshop Pro Tutorials

Thanks

Angie

2. Mimoun

Mimoun Administrator Staff Member Director Verified Member

In terms of the design it looks great no comments on that.

The biggest problem I had was finding the tutorials.
    The first thing I wanted to do on your website was read your tutorials.
    So I click on the tutorial link first. No tutorials? Scan the text and read only first paragraph. No tutorials?
    I would have left the website by now thinking you haven't added any tutorials yet, but since I'm doing a review I starting reading everything on the page and found the text “To go to my tutorials click the links in the bottom blue tab at the side of the page”

I would place the tutorial box under the navigation box since it's the most important part of your website and place the text about the tutorials link placement in the first sentence not the last.

3. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

I agree with Mimoun concerning the links. Might consider putting it above the Navagation page just on the Tutorial page.

You need to put the tutorial link box on every tutorial page or at least a box with a link back to the main tutorial page. As it stands now you have to use the back button.

I can see if you create many more tutorials you will need a master table of contents page. If you had one then all you would need for each seperate page would be a link back to it.

4. grodt718

grodt718 New Member

Hey,pusscat

:cool:I just visited your site I'm not much of a reviewer but i can say it looks good, nice content, color is good everything in its place looks clean well organized i recommend using one of the free email clients i found here @ FWT cant remember what post i saw it in but here is the URL to the email site 123 Contact Form - free html forms script,contact form generator,email form code,html contact form good luck with your website you can also add you site to the major search engines here free EZ!Submit

5. pusscat

pusscat New Member

Thanks for the reviews,

Yeah the tutorial links do need moving and more will be added as I write them, the only thing is I dont want the links to them above the terms of use for them, there is a link in the navigation to the tutorial page so its there on each tutorial page.

I will probably move the links to below the terms of use again where had them originally.

There will be quite a few added as I do them.

Am glad that its easy as such to navigate and that design wise you all like it. Took alot of searching to find a template that I liked etc, I dont have graphic heavy templates as such as there will be alot of graphics onsite as I add to it. Will move the tutorial links around tomorrow and see where best to try and place them.

6. JaeCy

JaeCy Member

I like the design of your page. It's really easy to navigate and pleasing to the eye. I look forward to seeing whatever graphics you add in the future.

7. abegobe

abegobe New Member

Good design ... but agree with all previous comments about the "tutorial links" should be corrected immediately :)

i like the background ... looks like "batik motif" (a traditional culture that has recently been decided as a "world cultural heritage" by UNESCO .... :rolleyes:

out off topic ... hehehehe ... but I like it ....:D

8. pusscat

pusscat New Member

Thanks as was out most the day yesturday didnt get chance to move the links, but am going to today.

But As have said I need the tutorial links below the tutorials terms of use.

But thanks for the reviews

Angie

9. navyfalcon

navyfalcon Well-Known Member Verified Member

First - I would suggest to put your menu at the top of the page
    below the banner - horizontally - so it stands out better
    Second - I would suggest graphics for your tutorials
    such as:
    JTL Ultimate Paint Image Editor Homepage
    -
    On your tutorials page - group by type
    You can incorporate a dropdown menu or a flyout menu when you get enough tutorials to warrant it.
    Out of the frame tutorials are good and other special effects.
    such as:
    Make a Subject Pop Out of a Photo-Show and Tell Graphics
    -
    Sample---Flash Slide Show Maker is a Flash album creator to make animated photo slide shows with SWF file as the output format.
    This flash slide show would do great for a tutorial
    -
    Layers are always good
    -
    For your source code:
    Google displays 150 characters (including spaces) below the title
    -
    <meta content="TUTZ 2 TAGZ art made with Bryce and Daz3ds, Paintshop Pro tutorials." name="description" />
    -
    I would suggest adding some more to the description
    -
    hope this helps
    falcon

10. pusscat

pusscat New Member

Thanks, I havent got round to moving the tutorial links yet, been busy last few days.

But the navigation personally I dont think would look right under the banner on this template.

Not sure on the flash as some people dont have it, and also am trying not to make the pages overly graphic intensive, eventually there will be alot of tutorials on site as I write them. I know of quite a few people who are still on dial up in the UK and also some that are in areas that wont be on broadband at all, so more graphics will be hard for them to open the pages of the site. And also the gallery will get more graphics in aswell, am trying to find a balance so everyone can see the site fully.

Thanks for the suggestions, I have taken them onboard.

Angie

11. navyfalcon

navyfalcon Well-Known Member Verified Member

may want to add some free speed up managers for dial up on your site
    (they compress the information before sending and decompress when receiving) they can speed up dial up quite a bit and the users will thank you.

Zilla Internet Connection Accelerator 3.1.00
    ZillaSoft.ws

Configure with Connection Booster Wizzard any modem, ADSL, Cable, DSL and LAN connection types for maximum performance for faster surfing the Web, playing online games, and downloading files.

-
    Also may want to compress your graphics (there are free graphic and photo compressors that do not lose resolution) speed up your load time by reducing the size of your graphics. This will help for dial up also.

SWF Compressor-Decompressor 2.0.1
    SWF Compressor-Decompressor 2.0.1 Download - Freeware Files.com - Utilities Category
    -
    I have not checked the software. But checked for the "free" compression software on 'Google'.
    I had some I used when I was on dial-up, but now I am on cable.
    Some of the software I used would speed up the connection about 5X.
    Can't find that software now so I hope this helps.
    falcon

12. pusscat

pusscat New Member

Thanks will have a look at those.

13. jewelry-1

jewelry-1 Banned

hi

Course I will be grateful