1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Websites Review business website

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by RichieR, Jun 27, 2005.

1. RichieR

RichieR New Member

Hi,

Could you review the website I build for a friend.
    It's a page where he sells office furnitere.

And if you have any suggestions on how I can make the page more active/alive, please don't hold back!

It's the following website:
    www.ikkantoor-inrichting.nl

Thanks in advance,

RichieR

2. Mimoun

Mimoun Administrator Staff Member Director Verified Member

Looks good I like the effect on the pictures.
    If you want to make it look more alive you can always add some more color always works, but be sure to use maching colors.
    You can check if colors match here it's an online color schemer.

3. RichieR

RichieR New Member

Thanks

:) Thanks for both reviews!!!

The two advieses you gave are good.

4. csmith

csmith New Member

I am like the top banner CAD Style looking very modern and sophisticated. Keep up the good work.

5. joel

joel Member

yer its good but come on who is going to typ in there browser http://www.ikkantoor-inrichting.nl/ no one would search for that mayby try and get a anme that someone would typ in like just say ur site was about cars mayby www.cars.com then poepl would look it up

6. fairdoes

fairdoes Member

2 improvements ?

Hi RichieR,

The site looks good, but i visited from a dial up modem and it took 3 minutes for the home page images to download! One small image was 128 KBytes, and would easily compress to 10, maybe 5!

On a small monitor, the visitor has to scroll across the page. A liquid layout that automatically fills the page (either using css, tables or both) would be better. You can test this on any monitor by narrowing the window you view it in.

These are both easy improvements to make. ;)

7. markR

markR New Member

also as a small contribution from me

I guess you are going to add the alt tags soon enough but they need to be something descriptive like sig-combi-z.png - By using the hyphons you eliminate the %20 space filler when you view the name of the picture - therefore google will index the images hence helping with your rankings - i am not an seo expert but this is what i have picked up over the years -

people searching for a sig combi will have more chance of finding your site in time

hope you understand what i mean :D

regards

mark

8. RichieR

RichieR New Member

Thanks a lot for the replys

Thanks lot for the comments.

Sorry joel, but thats the name my neighbour wants to have. He tried to get better names, but his former bos snatched them away only to irritate him. So thats why he choose this name (i know it's not the best one).

Could you give me advise on how I can adjust the tables Fairdoes? Do I have to make the table autostretch or a %? I us eMacromedia dreamweaver.

Thanks,

RichieR