1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Legacy Retro Video Game Shop Logo needed Please

Discussion in 'Archived' started by liesauk, Aug 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liesauk

liesauk Member

Hi
    I know I am new here, I have lurked a little while and finally plucked up courage to come and see if you can help us please. We are a small independant retro video game shop that is desperately in need of help for a logo. At the moment we have used a logo that is on our website The Gamer - Retro Game Shop in the heart of Birmingham City Centre but we need to move forward and we hope that someone can help here. I am a rather poorly self taught person and I can use dreamweaver and know html. I enjoy building websites and love to see them come together, but I am UTTERLY hopeless at design. I am not particularly rich or have something to give.. but!! I would love to create something for you. Depending on where you live (edibles are great to send in the UK lol ) I can make a nice bracelet, tiara, cards... ummm edibles as I said if you aren't too far from me!! I am rather good at them .. I have read the posties and I do hope you understand my need for help.. thanks a bunch!!
    1) What is your website address (ex: http://site.com ; Site Name)?
    www.thegamer.org.uk BUT we are going to change our site soon so please don’t be too stuck on the colours etc J
    2) Description of your website:

This is a portal for people to contact us for our shop, we own a small retro video game shop in the heart of Birmingham, uk . We are hoping to list more of our stuff on there soon.

3) List 3 logo designs you really like & why:
    http://zonegaming.ca/Zone-Gaming-Logo.gif
    2) http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_P5-39Dmwd...jowLEwSaAHY/s1600/800px-GameSpot_logo_svg.png
    3)

4) Requested size of your logo:
    Basically we ask this to determine the graphic's resolution and what it will be eventually used for.

need the final image in various sizes(various resolutions)

5) Do you have any images/photos that can be used for the logo? (must be copyright free)
    Sorry no, don’t have any that would fit I don’t think

6) Any colors you prefer?
    Old retro colours. If you look back at the old Mario and pacman colours etc. We want something that people are going to make them think retro, without them thinking we have ripped off sonic/Mario or pacman as so many other stores have.

2. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

Now this one could be fun...

3. GG

GG Active Member

ooo got a place at Birmingham? That's lucky you know either way you will be getting business :p must have been expensive to get the place though?

4. liesauk

liesauk Member

no not really, I don't know if you know Birmingham at all, but there is a place in town called The Oasis, its a building with lots of independant store owners and its very ummmm.. different.. hehehe.. its an alternative store! lots of friendly people if you are ever down that way xxx

liesa
    x

5. GG

GG Active Member

Well i'm in Blackburn so i've never been Birmingham but I have heard about the place and also just checked it out on Google Maps :p

Anyway, I usually don't do these logos and also as I have no knowledge in your field i'm not really sure on what it'll look like so i'm sure one of the members will help you out and i'll be able to get a hint from that and see if I do it. :)

6. liesauk

liesauk Member

Hehehe. ok. well if you ever do pop down to good old Brum, then pop by for a coffee!!

liesa
    xx

7. 1970Forest

1970Forest Moderator Staff Member

GG never been to Brum? The sights of the Bullring, the maze of canals, oh and the Jasper Carrot so called footy team...lol (no offence Liesa)

As Ish has said could be fun?

Are you looking for mainly text or combined with a new graphic?

8. GG

GG Active Member

Actually sorry I can do this I just read your description properly :p lol

Sorry, it's late and i've had a rough day lol i'll try to work on something by tomorrow evening or afternoon.

and thanks, will do :)

9. GG

GG Active Member

Yeah, I guess it wasn't a good idea to start a business in my teens :rolleyes: just get locked in and behind the work all day, but hopefully if I do end up near there (somehow :p) i'll pop down.

10. 1970Forest

1970Forest Moderator Staff Member

Thought I would get the ball rolling, very simple and very retro?????

Attached Files:

11. modman

modman VIP Member

here are two to get some ideas

12. liesauk

liesauk Member

To be honest we don't mind, but it would be great if it incorporated something that would stick in kids(i mean grown men but hey!)minds...

1970Forest thanks everso much for the graphics, its cool!!

Modman - brilliant! love the face and the clean lines!!

just a quick adnote.. and please don't think I am being fussy ( i am a woman i do tend to change my mind lol)

and i did FORGET to mention that I think we are going to ditch the gray of the website. I would like a logo that would be a clear background that would go on teeshirts business cards etc..

thanks every one for being so kind and helpful and i look forward to seeing what else turns up.. you are all amazing!!

liesa

xxx

13. GG

GG Active Member

Finally managed to get something done. :D Tried to give it the bold eye-catching effect. Ignore the background it's just so you can see the design clearly so if you do like it with a transparent background then that can be done.

Other then that here it is...

TG_logo.jpg

Let me know what you think :)

14. liesauk

liesauk Member

genuinegraphics.co.uk absolutely brill!

May I ask, am I allowed to take a couple of days to mull over which one we love the best, (its difficult cause they are all unique and have plus points) or should i be more decisive about it? I don't want to upset anyone :)

liesa
    xx

15. GG

GG Active Member

Not a problem at all. Take your time with it you've informed us about it so we can wait which I do thank you for as you are probably the only member (that i've seen from my time being here) that has actually mentioned that you will get back to us in a few days so yeah take your time don't rush yourself as you may not change it for quite a few years or maybe even for life :p

16. liesauk

liesauk Member

GG, can you tell me I have searched on here and on ebay for a retro gaming template, but I can't find one anywhere, have you seen any? Its not too important because I think I am going to just mess with a CSS and go with that..

liesa
    xx

17. liesauk

liesauk Member

GG your logo, could you make the font a bit more grown up? If you know what I mean? I love the colours and the reference to the gameboy(console).

It has surprised me that noone has gone with the 8bit characters we all remember and love.. hehehe

liesa
    xx

18. GG

GG Active Member

Yep will do, and no I havn't really. I think it would be quite hard to find as it's a rare thing but i'll keep a lookout and if I do find one then i'll let you know.

I'll change the font now and post it in about 5 mins. :)

19. ishkey

ishkey Moderator, Logos, Sports Crests Staff Member Verified Member

Wait, wait, I got to get into the fun - I've been busy with all the spammers and personal stuff.
    Here are my 2 tries. Yes 2.
    You may like them - you may not - just had to post.
    They are good for Big Boys and Grownup Girls to remember the old games by.

Attached Files:

20. liesauk

liesauk Member

ishkey!! niceeeee use of pole position on the 2600 hehehehe

I think it might be a bit too busy to use anywhere else but the website which is a shame :(

liesa
    xx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.