1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Legacy Request for football club team badge

Discussion in 'Archived' started by dboughtwood, May 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dboughtwood

dboughtwood Member

hi there i m dave and am asistant manager at Abington United Football Club and we havent had a team badge ever in our history and are now looking for one.

we would like a couple of different designs we can print off and show the players what badge they want if possible. we are a small village of around a few thousand people. most of the village loves the cricket teams and do get a fair amount of interest in the football side but not as much as we would like.

i dont really know what we would have a picture or anything but if you just have our team name in it somewhere and come up with some good designs then i dont think that will be a problem.

the team is 90% people from the village and we are hoping for a new kit etc this year and a new home sponsor so this will be on the shirts and website so has to stand out and represent the village a bit to. the village has one shop, pub and thats it and its a close knit village where most people know who you are.

our website is www.clubwebsite.co.uk/abingtonunitedfc but it doesnt have a lot on there apart from an awful club badge hence the need for change. at the moment we play in light blue as away kits and home kit will be black and amber stripes.

have seen few badges on here that look good and could work well for us. i have no idea how to add them here so maybe i can email them to someone if at all possible

hope this helps

thanks

2. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

Dave -
    I'm looking for something that would represent your town so, is this your village sign or have I got the wrong Abington?

Attached Files:

3. dboughtwood

dboughtwood Member

hi that is our village sign and look forward to seeing your work

4. sephgreen

sephgreen New Member

I am really sorry to hi-jack your post, But I cant see where to start a new topic! Basically I require a badge for our football club, we are called "Weeting Football Club" we play in Navy, Black and White!

Hope someone can help!

5. CovertPea

Dave -
    Good, now we're getting somewhere. For now I'll start on amber and black colours?

Sephgreen -
    I'd prefer you started your own thread, helps me keep track of where I'm up to. To help us out further, please read the 2nd 'sticky' post down "Please Read Before Requesting Logo"

So go to this link and click on the "New Thread" button as shown in the pic below:
    https://freewebsitetemplates.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17

Attached Files:

6. blue1878

blue1878 New Member

Hi covertpea, again i am in the same position as Sephgreen our team requires a new football badge deisng and we ahve already started our thread but no designers seem to want to help us could you please help us out?

https://freewebsitetemplates.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8973

Problem sorted Blue!

Cheers
    CP

7. dboughtwood

dboughtwood Member

hi cp i look forward to seeing your designs

the badge will be going on black and amber home shirt and a light blue away shirt just as a reminder

thanks

8. dboughtwood

dboughtwood Member

hi Convert pea how are the designs coming on????

thought i d see how its going and i know your busy to

9. CovertPea

Yours will be the first I'll be doing after work today. :)
    Thanks for being patient!

CP

10. CovertPea

Sounds like you've been around for a while. Do you want an "EST" year on the crest?

11. CovertPea

Here's two variations. Actual images on file are much larger.

Attached Files:

12. dboughtwood

dboughtwood Member

Hi Convert Pea,

they look awesome designs but the colouring is wrong really as we play in yellow and black stripes so it wouldnt stand out on the kit if you see what i mean??? is it possible to change colours at all?? i would like an est but have no idea when the club was founded at all.

many thanks for your help and hope to get it corrected if you have time and superb work so far

13. CovertPea

I 'googled' those colours and used the below shirt pic for reference. :confused:

You want it yellow and black, is that right?
    There's lots of yellows around, can you pick which is closest from the other graphic please?

Attached Files:

14. dboughtwood

dboughtwood Member

hi convert pea thats the kit we will be having and there fore the colour of the crest can be the same colour or it will look weird on the kit dont you agree??? the colour of the yellow is more amber than yellow.

sorry to be fussy i know how busy you are but work looks great so far. hope this helps and clears it up.

15. dboughtwood

dboughtwood Member

Hi Convert Pea is there any chance you can design a sponsor logo for our shirts as well.

the sponsors name is Abington Village Store and is a small village shop in the village and the logo/name will be put on the kit in a white block so should maybe help you a little.

thanks for your help and as a thank you i m willing to donate money to a charity of your choice???

16. CovertPea

Okay.

As for the logos...
    I've altered the colouring (possible slight variation on this forum though)

Closer?

Attached Files:

17. dboughtwood

dboughtwood Member

hi again

many thanks and that doesnt look to bad on the shirt is it possible to get the files for the circle club badge and just take out est year on it please???

thanks once again and look forward to having them on the shirt and website

18. CovertPea

Editable file and 2 transparent sizes in zip.
    Removed 'Est Year" and replaced with "Football Club"

19. CovertPea

Oops, nearly forgot...

Attached Files:

20. dboughtwood

dboughtwood Member

Hi convert pea firstly thank you so so much and secondly the abington village store is quality but i was wondering if you could do some variasions in different colours and styles so i can print them off and show them to the sponsors and see which one they like best if not to much trouble???

once you say have done 6 please send files for all of them please

thanks once again your a hero to the club and whats your real name as i d like to mention you on the website

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.