1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphics Removing Hair From Photos

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by ozone73, Jul 6, 2011.

1. ozone73

ozone73 Member

Does anyone here know of a way to take a photo of a person with hair and make them look bald? I've searched online for generators without much luck. I would prefer a Paint Shop Pro tutorial if possible. Thanks!
    :D

2. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

Hi Ozone,

I balded up a person years ago and if I remember correctly I deleted most of the hair on the original pic that was outside the skull shape and then added a new layer of a bald head pic I found on the web.
    It does take a fair bit of adjustment with size and colour blending to fit the new bald crown over the original but the eventual outcome looks a lot more realistic than any other way of doing this.
    Have a look HERE - there's gotta be one or two to 'fit' your needs. :)

Hope this helps
    CP

3. ozone73

ozone73 Member

Thanks for your reply CovertPea. I actually tried using that first image on the Google link you posted. The main problem I'm having is trying to match the bald head color with the color of the face. I'll keep trying.

4. 1970Forest

1970Forest Moderator Staff Member

Hi O; how about post the pic you want to make bold n see if we can chip in?

5. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

Good idea. I'll go along with that!

6. ozone73

ozone73 Member

Thanks Forest and CP for offering to help. For now I think I'm going to keep trying to accomplish this myself. I may take you up on your offer if I'm unsuccessful. Thanks again!

7. 1970Forest

1970Forest Moderator Staff Member

here's a TUT that may help......BOLD

8. ozone73

ozone73 Member

Thanks Forest!

9. ozone73

ozone73 Member

10. qeemat

qeemat New Member

This is very very important and useful Tutorial. Many people wanted to delete the background of their picture, but they must be finding difficulty if picture is having Hair flying in the air and they don’t want to delete these Hair. So here I’m going to tell you how you can remove the Background without removing the Hair.
    1. Lets start with a Picture. If you have your own the well and good, if you don’t have, then find one through NET.
    2. Go to Channel Panel, by running the command Window >> Channel and select Blue channel.
    3. Create a copy of Blue channel as you see in below image (by right clicking on Blue layer and selecting Duplicate Channel), we will work in this channel now4. Now Bring Curves dialogue box by running the command Image >> Adjustments >> Curves or just press CTRL+M to bring the dialogue box and give the following settings5. Now by using any selection tool, select the inner part of your picture, you can do this by using Pen Tool6. Fill the selection with Black color (don’t take any new layer):7. Pick smooth brush and change the mode of layer from Normal to Overlay. Don’t forget to select the Black color from Foreground color palette.8. Now drag your brush over hair as shown below:9. Now pick Move tool [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and hold Ctrl key and click on the thumbnail of Blue copy Layer, it will bring Marquee around the picture.10. Now click on the RGb in Channel Panel:Come back to Layer Panel. Hit Delete key and then press Ctrl+Shift+I to inverse the selection, press Ctrl+C to copy it then Ctrl+V to paste it:12. Now delete your original layer:13. Take new layer behind this picture and apply any gradient or color or any picture behind this picture:Here I’ve pasted original and after changing the background and see the hair, these are visible without any change:

11. laithsky

laithsky New Member

you can use Photoshop.