1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Websites Quick Web Review for C.Y.A.

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by hojomojo, Jul 15, 2010.

1. hojomojo

hojomojo New Member

I need a very quick web review... not even for suggestions of design changes - but simply to have some third parties verify that the site is indeed USABLE and FUNCTIONAL, nothing blantant is broken, and that it simply does have all the readable information, etc. for a 1024x768 screen as a lowest-common-denominator!

www.elkeparsons.com/area51

thanks a ton!!!!

2. Geoff Tyrer

Geoff Tyrer Member

Hi hojomojo,
    The text of some of the links overlaps the main text area of the page.
    The "Services" link is hard to read because its colour is so similar to the background colour.
    Why do the pages first appear with a red background that changes to beige when the page has loaded?
    Geoff Tyrer

3. hojomojo

hojomojo New Member

thanks!

Thanks, Geoff.

I do realize the links move over the background text as semitransparent... but still usable, correct? Just the layering so that we don't have to have the header text so far over. But good to know if it makes it hard to read.

The background color was simply a beginning setting... client liked the red flash, believe it or not! Easy to change though.

Thanks for hte feedback... Would you say, in general the site is certainly usable and functional beyond those specifics, which are easily changed if needed?

Brent Johnson

4. tomw

tomw Member

Once the background images are in the cache you will no longer see the changing of the colors - no red flash when you revisit the page.

The links are usable but darker color is easier to read so is more preferable.

5. Geoff Tyrer

Geoff Tyrer Member

Hi Brent,
    Yes the web site is certainly usable and functional and the points I mentioned are minor.
    Geoff Tyrer

6. barra

barra New Member

I like the look of the site. I was a little dissapointed on the other pages when the red bacground went to a light colour. I found it not quite as easy to read then.

And if the pic is of Elke Parsons...she is hot..lol

7. DavyG

DavyG New Member

i found the site both usable and functional.... if somewhat hard to read the text on the page.... overall good work :)

8. hojomojo

hojomojo New Member

Thanks to you all!

Thank you so much for your reviews. I wonder if anyone confirms, as I have, that it will indeed work across multiple browsers? This is a sticky situation in which I need to prove that it is functional.

As for the overall design, I can't claim total ownership, as it's been a product of client desires.

Wondering if anyone feels comfortable in simply posting something of a 10-word C.V./resume? Just to allow me to honestly say that I've had experienced web developers look at the site and verify that it does work?

thanks so much, you've all been very helpful.. I hope to return the favor or at least pay it forward here!

Brent

9. barra

barra New Member

I will give you a glowing eport if you fix my bustard ass web site..lol

10. hojomojo

hojomojo New Member

sure thing!

HA! nice, barra! sounds like blackmail :) kidding... I would be willing to take a looksie if it would help!

11. I really like the way your site is set up. The only issue I have is that crimson red background pops up whenever going to a new page and the a second or two later, it goes to the real background. Other then that, as just a viewer like I am, I love the site and how it is laid out. Great job imo!

12. Gameswapper

Gameswapper New Member

Same issue with the crimson background. I can't see the text the first few seconds, then the text goes to a readable color. Other than that looks great.

13. enigma1

enigma1 New Member

The site maybe functional if you run flash but there is no fallback if flash and scripts are off.

Without js/flash its a one page site.

14. Tres

Tres New Member

I use IE and Safari and it looks good to me. I really like the home page and would like to see all the pages have the centred fixed width look.