1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Web Design PSD to HTML help

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by joshm, Sep 6, 2008.

1. joshm

joshm New Member

I have downloaded one of your templates (awesome by the way!). I wanted to do some slight changes in photoshop CS2 and also created some rollover buttons. I then edited it with ImageReady, saved it out to a folder with the slices and when I open it in Microsoft Expression Web 2, the site looks just like I want it, but it is different then your template.

What I mean by this is when I open your stock template up in Expression Web, the text is editable as are the images. After I get done, the text is a graphic and when I try to edit the text it actually just selects the graphic box instead of any text. I tried to open it back up in Photoshop and deleted all of the text, then do all the steps above, but I still can't add text.

I tried adding a layer over the top of the part where I want text and then doing that, but when I view the website in my browser the text is not where I placed it on the page. It seems that the layer floats instead of staying exactly where I wanted it.

I have some experience with using just FrontPage, and Photoshop but have never used Photoshop for making websites. I really want to start and am very interested, just kind of stuck right now.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you!