1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphics PSD Edit?

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by djwilson, Apr 17, 2008.

1. djwilson

djwilson New Member

How to edit PSD?

HI all,

what software do you use to edit the PSD files?

i tried with frontpage and didnt work and the same result with Nvu.

i need the software to be free.

Thanks

2. CovertPea

CovertPea Moderator Staff Member Verified Member

I can open, edit and save most psd files within Jasc's paint shop pro. I do get the occasional one that refuses to open but that's usually because it has lots of PS 'styling' effects and such that I assume PSP has problems replicating.
    Not sure if the latter 'Corel' PSP versions work the same as I only use versions 7 and 9.
    A 'trial' version lasts for 60 days use.
    Older trial versions of PSP can be downloaded here: http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=psp

3. djwilson

djwilson New Member

Thanks but version 9 wouldnt install because i didnt have a serial code and version 7 wouldnt load the partytime template that i have. any ther ideas?

4. djwilson

djwilson New Member

i just installed version 8.10 and it opens the files but a box appears saying: "the PSD files contains unsupported files" or something like that. but once it opens what do i do? im completely lost :( please help.

5. CovertPea

Even though that message "the PSD files contains unsupported files" sometimes comes up, usually you can close off the error message and the file will still load.
    Did it?
    If it did, it's a matter of finding and selecting (clicking on in the layer palette) the layer you want to edit and go from there.

I'm not sure how proficient you are with graphic programs but if you're asking how to use PSP8 that's a whole new ball game! :eek:
    If that's the case, this is definitely worth a look> http://www.pspug.org/tut/beginclass.shtml
    The good news is that PSP has a MUCH easier learning curve than Photoshop!

6. djwilson

djwilson New Member

im using photoshop, the error message went as soon as i edited a few bits of text. all i need now is to save it as a HTML file and work out how to get different web pages using the same template: homepage, contact us page etc...

7. CovertPea

8. djwilson

djwilson New Member

thanks but it didnt work, says there was an error. the file is 3.87mb not 4mb (the limit)

9. CovertPea

Sorry Djwilson, it's just on midnight here and my brain's about ready to go into shutdown mode. :(
    Any other fresh and bright, morning members here wanna help this gentleman out?

10. djwilson

djwilson New Member

take that as a no, thanks covertpea. i re-downloaded the file and refreshed the HTML file after PSD editing was saved an nothing :( im really stuck!

11. hikernick

hikernick New Member

Does using this PSD file result in a website that's just one big image?

I'm slightly baffled by the delivery of both a set of separate images, and html, and this PSD file (I don't have any software to open it with, so I don't really know what's in there, but I gather it's something to do with Photoshop and I can't afford that).

Thanks

Nick