1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Web Design Problems with template Adobe/NVU

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by c00lcrap.com, Apr 4, 2007.

1. c00lcrap.com

c00lcrap.com New Member

Ok downloaded the games template and edited in Adobe CS2 and saved for web. Opened in NVU which is suppose to be like Frontpage just free. Slices are numerous. I have the problem when adding google ads it usually throws off the appearance. Also since these are images do I have to add text by going in to Adobe everytime to make changes like adding images to certain parts of the page? Also in Adobe if I wanted to expand the layers is there a way to do that like there is a part of the template with links but only 5 if I wanted 10 how would I do that? I havent messed with webpages since I was like 13 a lot has changed back then I used raw html but I have forgotten most expect some of the very basics.

2. lmfrench

lmfrench New Member

This is the most common mistake. When you download a template it is coded in CSS, when you save over all the images using "save for web" in the Adobe program, you are overwriting ALL the template with nothing but images...aside from extremely slow loading time, this give you little to no editing capabilities. What I recommend doing is seeing if someone on the forum would be willing to help you by re-coding the template. I would usually be more than happy to help, however, my computers motherboard was fried by lightening and I have to use a friends laptop which has none of my programs on it, just to be able to get online. But you should really ask for assistance, or just edit the jpegs instead of the whole PSD.

3. c00lcrap.com

c00lcrap.com New Member

Thanks I think I got it

Alright what I did is when you download the template there is the source and the psd file. I edited the actual images in the psd file and saved for the web. Then in the NVU program instead of loading the new saved for web source file I opened the index file. This wasnt all sliced up and the only problem I have had is taking certain things out rearranges the setup. To work around that I just worked within what was already given and I think it is going to work out pretty good in the end we'll see.

If you see something noticeably wrong with please let me know. Now I just have to figure out how I am going to load the programs to my current domain because I didnt realize how jacked up google apps was. I got my domain but they added this a-googlespages crap to all of them and I had to find a way to have c00lcrap.com be used instead so I had it redirect to the a-googlepages homepage. The other main new problem is there is no ftp and you can only upload a file at a time so this will be a hassle when it comes down to it when I finish the revamped site. I am guessing at the very least I will spend a day adding all the images one by one. Any suggestions on this?

Thanks again

4. Connor

Connor Moderator / Programmer

If you don't want to upload every page, one by one, then switch to XMGFree or some other free hosting company and use them.

I persnally use XMGFree and it's great.