1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Web Design Problems with layout-Please help!

Discussion in 'Web Design' started by Elizabeth, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Elizabeth

Elizabeth New Member

I downloaded a template titled "babytemplate", and kept the background and style sheet the same, but added, deleted and changed a number of the images through Nvu. It looks great on Nvu, but when I look at the page on IE (http://www.ElizabethJoyArnold.com), the layout is off, and the images on the template are messed up. (The image of fancy "paper" that the text is supposed to be written on is supposed to spread down the entire page, but is cut short when viewed through IE.) I'm very new to HTML, but I've tried playing around with the HTML code and haven't been able to fix the issues. (I haven't touched the CSS.) Can anyone here help? Thanks so much!

Elizabeth

2. lmfrench

lmfrench New Member

I will take a look and repost as soon as I have your solution. :)

3. lmfrench

lmfrench New Member

Ok, the problem is you have deleted the existing header and added a new one using html...the template is made to look like the white is running off, (if you look at the template in one the preview it looks the same way.) To fix your problem is simple, you must take the template back to it's original look by starting over, then just open up the header.jpg and replace it with your own header. Then you can delete the other things and add your text. If you don't have photoshop to alter the header, just let me know and I would be happy to place the "modified" header here and you could copy and paste it or if you want to PM me your email address I can just email it to you. I hope that helps....

:)