1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

General Problem after uploading

Discussion in 'General' started by napsta, Feb 2, 2008.

1. napsta

napsta New Member

Hello
    I downloaded the Hilary Duff template which is very proper for my needs. I changed the text, pictures and everything else and it all seemed ok when I press F12 (preview in browser in dreamweaver)and upload it to my website. But when other people try to see it it is just white background with text. No pictures, no menus nothing. Only text on a white background. What do you think I should do? How can I fix that?
    that's the site check it out if to see the problem: http://www.prelastitel.com
    Thanks in advance
    Best regards

2. Dizzie92

Dizzie92 New Member

Well, even though I cant understand it, I dont see any pictures on there. Make sure the directory to the images is correct. In most html editors like dreamweaver, when you insert an image it looks like "file::C/whatever". Change that to "images/background.jpg" or wherever your images are on your server. And if thats not the problem, try uploading the images again. Somtimes the files get messed up when uploading.

3. napsta

napsta New Member

I'm pretty sure that I uploaded everthing correct. What I started to wonder about is can I convert the .html file that I downloaded from here to .dwt (template in dreamweaver) and then from the template to create a lot of .html files based on the .dwt? That is what I've done so I can easily update and I think that might be the problem. What do you think?