1. This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used.
    For information on cookies and how you can disable them visit our Cookie Usage page.
    Dismiss Notice

Websites Please review this mentor site

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Stagecoach, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Stagecoach

Stagecoach New Member

Hi,

I have had this sight up for some time but would like to update it with new fetures and layout... What are your thoughts? The site is meant to mentor students on their way to becomeing airline pilots

www.airlinepilotmentor.com

Thanks

2. mssusan

mssusan New Member

it looks to simple and basic for me... and the texts are hard to read specially on right side.

3. certpaper

certpaper New Member

The left sidebar contains only 3 links: Become a Pilot, Career Development and Airline Pilot Life. The rest of the sidebar are left blank. It is better to remove the left sidebar altogether and move the 3 links to the header.

4. navyfalcon

navyfalcon Well-Known Member Verified Member

I ran your website through a website analyzer, this is the
    result:
    -
    hope this helps
    falcon

Keywords:
    PROBLEM SOLUTION
    You do not have any Meta-Tag Keywords in your site. These are
    crucial to your sites search engine positioning.
    You need to include Meta-Tags in your site. You can do this
    by using our FREE Meta-Tag generator, Click Here. For more information on Keyword Meta-Tags Click Here.

Title:
    PROBLEM SOLUTION
    You are using your Title ineffectively.
    You are only using 28 characters when you can use up to 100. We suggest that you use a few more words in your TITLE Tag, and try to use your main keywords if possible. For more information on the Title Tag Click Here.
    Your Title is:
    AirlinePilotMentor. com
    PROBLEM SOLUTION
    You are not using your keywords within your Title effectively,
    you are using 0 of your keywords in your Title, when you
    should use at least 2. We suggest that you add a couple of
    your keywords into your TITLE Tag, if possible. For more
    information on the Title Tag Click Here.

Description:
    PROBLEM SOLUTION
    You do not have a Description Meta-Tag in your site. This is
    important to your sites search engine positioning.
    You need to include a Description Tag in your site; this
    should be just a brief description about your site and should
    include your company name and couple of your main keywords.
    You can do this by using our FREE Meta-Tag generator,
    Click Here. For more information on Description Meta-Tags
    Click Here.

Body:
    You are using your Keywords as follows in the body of your
    page:
    PROBLEM SOLUTION
    You are not using your keywords within the body of your page
    effectively, you are using 0 of your keywords in the body of
    your page, when you should use at least 5.
    We suggest that you add some of your keywords into the body
    of your main page. For more information on the body section
    of a page Click Here.

File Sizes:
    Home Page 19.34Kb
    http://cf.kampyle.com/buttons/en/blue/en-blue-jambo.gif 9.52Kb
    http://www.airlinepilotmentor.com//images/jet-cabin.jpg 0.04Kb
    http://www.airlinepilotmentor.com//images/Medical.jpg 0.04Kb
    http://www.airlinepilotmentor.com//images/survey.jpg 0.04Kb
    http://www.airlinepilotmentor.com//images/start-stop.jpg 0.04Kb
    http://www.airlinepilotmentor.com//images/sky.jpg 0.04Kb
    Total 29.05Kb
    Your File Size is good.

Download Time:
    Time Taken To Download
    On A 56Kbs Modem 8.38 Seconds
    On 128Kbs DSL 3.67 Seconds
    On 512Kbs DSL/Cable 0.92 Seconds
    On 1024Kbps DSL/Cable 0.46 Seconds
    Your Download Time is good.

5. bmcoll3278

bmcoll3278 New Member

Falcon is 100% correct the problems he pointed out are important.
    I dont agree with the other post. A page that is to the point and not full of junk is a good thing to me. When I want info I want the info and without a bunch of stuff in the way. I think the site looks good . But get the meta tags a.s.a.p. so you can be found.

6. navyfalcon

navyfalcon Well-Known Member Verified Member

<meta content="Airline Pilot Mentor - THE MOST TRUSTED NAME IN PILOT CAREER DEVELOPMENT"
    name="author" />

<meta content="airline pilot, airline pilot career, airline pilot training, airline training,
    all atps, atp, atps, aviation academy, aviation school, cfi, commercial pilot, commercial pilots,
    cross-country flying, faa, flight academy, flight instruction, flight instruct" name="keywords" />

<meta content="Airline pilot career development and training. Airlinepilotmentor.com provides a
    detailed look at the airline pilot profession, what it takes to become a pilot, and mentors
    those who aspire to become professional pilots." name="description" />

<title>AirlinePilotMentor.com | THE MOST TRUSTED NAME IN PILOT CAREER DEVELOPMENT</title>

-
    Another sites meta tags
    <meta name="keywords" content="airline pilot, airline pilot career, airline pilot training,
    airline training, all atps, atp, atps, aviation academy, aviation school, cfi, commercial pilot,
    commercial pilots, cross-country flying, faa, flight academy, flight instruction, flight
    instruct" />

<meta name="description" content="Accelerated multi-engine flight training at 25 flight schools
    nationwide. ATP Airline Training Programs prepare students for airline pilot careers with an
    emphasis on nationwide flying experience in multi-engine aircraft." />

<title>ATP Flight School: Airline Pilot Training &amp; Pilot Career Development</title>

-
    And another
    <meta name="keywords" content="delta connection academy, flight training, flight school,
    professional flight training, commercial flight training, airline flight training, flight
    school, airline pilot training, flight academy, flight academies, flight, aviation training,
    aviation school, orlando, florida, pilots license, pilot, pilots, captain, first officer,
    college degree, accredited, comair, delta, asa, skywest, chautauqua, American eagle, airline,
    jobs, airplane, faa, cessna, piper, bridge trainer, bridge course, flight training device,
    regional jet, airline pilot career " />

<meta name="description" content="Delta Connection Academy is the world's premiere pilot
    training and flight school academy. Delta Connection Academy is the only flight school owned
    and operated by a major US airline. Begin your pilot training program with Delta Connection
    Academy Flight School which offers Accelerated Flight Training that takes you from Private
    Pilot to Airline Pilot with a Guaranteed Airline Interview upon completion."/>

<title>Aviation Flight Schools – Delta Connection Academy – Flight School, Flight Training for
    Pilots</title>

-
    <title>Airline Pilot School - Train to be a Professional Pilot</title>

<meta name="description" content="Accredited airline pilot school so you can train to be a
    professional pilot. Learn how to fly a plane and earn a living. Our airline pilot school is
    located in sunny Florida and our weather allows you to fly more hours and get your pilot
    license faster than most US locations. ">

<meta name="keywords" content="airline pilot school, learn to fly, professional pilot, license">
    -
    -
    What Google says about Meta Tags
    http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=35264&topic=8522
    -
    hasn't anybody heard about keyword saturation - you list only the keywords that you use - don't
    list empty keywords - use your keywords in the title description and the description tag - the
    long list of keywords do not help unless they are all used (I doubt that)
    Also check your keywords in a keyword suggestion tool like wordtracker
    http://freekeywords.wordtracker.com/
    -
    -
    hope this helps
    falcon

7. deyounggerry

deyounggerry New Member

I too had a look at your meta tags. I guess you put them there before I joined the thread. You have duplicated your tags on every page. They all need to be different. If you use Google webmaster tools you are going to find this listed as an error. If you don't use the tools, you should. You will learn a lot. I didn't look everywhere but found your links to choosing a flight school and financing your flight school totally uninformative. You need more content than what you have. Facts, figures, statistics, etc. What you have is B.S. (No offense intended). I find the overall appearance of the site very good as well as the navigation. I do think you need a darker font and more content on the home page. It is somewhat sparse. I really like the simplicity and color scheme.